We have just spent a week in this lovely hotel and had a wonderful time. The hotel itself was comfortable, spotless and pretty and the staff attentive and helpful. We enjoyed a delicious buffet breakfast each day and were lucky enough to have a room with a stunning view over the Tuscan countryside. It was a real privilege to come back to San Gimignano each evening when it was much quieter than in the day time and to enjoy time sitting in the Piazza Cisterna before crossing the square to go to bed. We also enjoyed a few glasses of the local white wine and some stunning ice cream. On Thursday morning we walked out into the square and discovered the local market taking place. Combine all that with stunning Medieval architecture and wonderful museums and shops and you have a pretty perfect recipe for a good time. Park in P1 and walk up the hill, it really is not too far and ask about parking rates because the hotel can help with this. There is a shuttle bus if you have heavy cases. San Gimignano is very touristy but it deserves to be. We really enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A holiday at Hotel Leon Bianco, ancient hotel run by the same family for more than thirty years, is a step back in time: it is located in one of the most beautiful squares of the historical center, Piazza della Cisterna, inside an ancient palace surrounded by majestic towers of the Middle Ages.The Leon Bianco has maintained the fascination of its ancient origins: the simplicity that binds to the taste and to a warm welcome.Guests staying at the hotel Leon Bianco enjoys the best location, right in the heart of the historic center, to revive the atmosphere of the medieval village and to be able to explore San Gimignano, its typical little streets, the beautiful fortress of Montestaffoli, and all the wonders that this town offers then, he is in the position to visit the most important cities of Tuscany.At dispousal of our guests also a jacuzzi 5 sitz in the terrace, a fitness and a billiard rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Leon Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leon Bianco Hotel
- Leon Bianco San Gimignano
- Hotel Leon Bianco San Gimignano, Tuscany, Italy