Arrived around 14:00. Was given the key and shown the elevator. Staff not that welcoming. Arrived at the room to find it dirty, bed unmade, and the bath blown up. That always unnerves my wife. Left bags in room, went to lobby to inform, and went for a walk in a beautiful city. Came back to a large clean room with a beautiful view of the piazza out our window. Opened the french doors off the seating area on the side and had a glass of wine we bought on our walk. Enjoyed the view of the valley below. (rm38) After dinner we finished the night with a gelato from Gelateria Dondoli. Our daughter claims it is the best we have had in Italy so far. Some time around 2am the lights in the room came on, went off, and the air conditioner stopped working. Cool night so it was not a problem. Had a below average breakfast, walked to get the car, and enjoyed another white knuckle ride through town to pick up the girls.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A holiday at Hotel Leon Bianco, ancient hotel run by the same family for more than thirty years, is a step back in time: it is located in one of the most beautiful squares of the historical center, Piazza della Cisterna, inside an ancient palace surrounded by majestic towers of the Middle Ages.The Leon Bianco has maintained the fascination of its ancient origins: the simplicity that binds to the taste and to a warm welcome.Guests staying at the hotel Leon Bianco enjoys the best location, right in the heart of the historic center, to revive the atmosphere of the medieval village and to be able to explore San Gimignano, its typical little streets, the beautiful fortress of Montestaffoli, and all the wonders that this town offers then, he is in the position to visit the most important cities of Tuscany.At dispousal of our guests also a jacuzzi 5 sitz in the terrace, a fitness and a billiard rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Leon Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leon Bianco Hotel
- Leon Bianco San Gimignano
- Hotel Leon Bianco San Gimignano, Tuscany, Italy