Lovely spot, right in the middle of the old part of town. Our rooms had a splended view to the east over the Tuscan countryside, with swallows crisscrossing the garden below in flight each evening. San Gimignano is more relaxed and less overrun with tourists than Florence -- visitors tend to come on day trips, so early morning and evenings are much quieter. It's a safe place for kids to venture out, and for those who enjoy hiking there are informal routes down roads and farm paths in most directions from the town. Make sure to tour the basilica, which has the classic Old and New Testament scenes on its walls. It's smaller yet more accessible than some of the other locations you'll probably see in Italy. The Leon Bianco is family-owned by people who have grown up there. The staff is gracious, pleasant, and goes out of their way to help. We arrived by bus rather than renting a car, and were happy to be in a spot where there was no need to drive. Oh, and just the across the central town square are not one but two different gelato places that each claim to be the best in the world...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A holiday at Hotel Leon Bianco, ancient hotel run by the same family for more than thirty years, is a step back in time: it is located in one of the most beautiful squares of the historical center, Piazza della Cisterna, inside an ancient palace surrounded by majestic towers of the Middle Ages.The Leon Bianco has maintained the fascination of its ancient origins: the simplicity that binds to the taste and to a warm welcome.Guests staying at the hotel Leon Bianco enjoys the best location, right in the heart of the historic center, to revive the atmosphere of the medieval village and to be able to explore San Gimignano, its typical little streets, the beautiful fortress of Montestaffoli, and all the wonders that this town offers then, he is in the position to visit the most important cities of Tuscany.At dispousal of our guests also a jacuzzi 5 sitz in the terrace, a fitness and a billiard rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Leon Bianco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leon Bianco Hotel
- Leon Bianco San Gimignano
- Hotel Leon Bianco San Gimignano, Tuscany, Italy