All reviews the main square piazza della perfect location gelato lovely hotel tuscan countryside day trippers your luggage town square room was spacious staff was very friendly and helpful breakfast terrace beautiful town gelateria four nights amazing views shutters
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Leon Bianco offered us a very comfortable and pleasent stay, beautifully situated and with excellent service.
I think I´ve never experienced a better mix of location, service, comfort and price.

San Gimignano is beautiful, extraordinary, and during the daytime overcrowded with turists (like us). When the daytrippers have left, you can enjoy some excellent restaurants and have a quiet walk in the streets and piazzas, admire and wonder about the towers, and enjoy a beautiful tuscan sunset.
I have here stayed several times, and I have no doubt that Leon Bianco is the best base for a good experience.
My last stay was in June 2014. I took my 3 children, aged 16, 13 and 11, for a trip to Rome, Tuscany and Venice, and I felt that a visit to San Gimignano, with the distinct medieval layout opposed to the reinnesance marvels of Florence, was a must.
We had the apartment on the top floor, spacious and comfortable, very comfortable for a family, and very reasonably priced. I had ordered a quad room, and for the price I expected nothing more than a 4 bed room. What we got was an apartment with 2 bedrooms in addition to a very nice sittingroom and bathroom.
My children loved the late night sightseeing of San Gimignano, and were very impressed that the spa/ bubblebath were open late in the evening.
Early morning in San Gimignano is a fantastic experience, this is something you´ll never experience on the daytrips from Siena or Florence.

Room tip: For families: Ask for the top floor apt., usually sold as a quad-room, but could easyly sleep more.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

In the square, lovely view. Hotel very nice, helpful staff. Breakfast ok, not the best we had in Italy, but more than sufficient. Clean and good sized room. Parked outside walls in Car Park 1, A bit of a walk, but there is a bus if needed! Would go back again, San Gimignano is a great place.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DirezioneLeonBianco, Proprietario at Hotel Leon Bianco, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Guest,

what a lovely review, thank you very much! We are happy that you have enjoyed your time in San Gimignano and also that you liked our hotel, we have really appreciated your compliments,

we hope to can see you again here,

warmest regards from all us

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here for the night of June 17 and were very pleased with it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had three rooms, one of which was the Apartment on the top floor. The apartment is very large with two bedrooms (we only used one), a living room, a large modern bathroom with a huge bathtub/shower, and wonderful views of the countryside. The hotel is right on the central piazza. We were able to drive in to the hotel and drop off our luggage and then park the car in one of the lots outside the town. We would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting San Gimignano.

Dear Mr James,

thank you very much for your beautiful review and for recommend our hotel to the other visitors of tripadvisor! We are happy that you enjoyed your time here and that you loved the apartment and its view on the countryside. All us of the staff are happy for your compliments! Thank you again and we hope to can see you again here,

warmest regards

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Lovely spot, right in the middle of the old part of town. Our rooms had a splended view to the east over the Tuscan countryside, with swallows crisscrossing the garden below in flight each evening. San Gimignano is more relaxed and less overrun with tourists than Florence -- visitors tend to come on day trips, so early morning and evenings are much quieter. It's a safe place for kids to venture out, and for those who enjoy hiking there are informal routes down roads and farm paths in most directions from the town. Make sure to tour the basilica, which has the classic Old and New Testament scenes on its walls. It's smaller yet more accessible than some of the other locations you'll probably see in Italy. The Leon Bianco is family-owned by people who have grown up there. The staff is gracious, pleasant, and goes out of their way to help. We arrived by bus rather than renting a car, and were happy to be in a spot where there was no need to drive. Oh, and just the across the central town square are not one but two different gelato places that each claim to be the best in the world...

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
DirezioneLeonBianco, Proprietario at Hotel Leon Bianco, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your beautiful review about our Hotel and also about San Gimignano, that is a wonderful town to visit in Toscany. Durung the morning and in the evening people can enjoy the quiet and a particular athmosphere that only the ancient towns have....

Thank you also for recommend our hotel to the other trippers!

We hope to can see you again here,

kind regards from all our staff

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My first bit of advice is to get driving/parking instructions from the hotel prior to arriving. That will save you a 20-30 minute walk to the hotel and then back to your car. You can pull right up to the hotel in the old town to deposit your luggage; however, it's a bit tricky to navigate. There was no one at the front desk when we arrived. I asked housekeeping and they found someone. Our room was simple and fairly clean. The bed linens seemed old and were rough and the bed was a a metal cot with a very thin mattress. On a positive note, the window overlooked the cisterna and the piazza! Unlike other reviewers, our AC worked well. The bath was adequate.

Upon checkout, I was required to pay the city tax in euros. I asked to put it on my credit card and was told it had to be in cash. I had to dig through my purse and pockets to find enough as I was not expecting this. That seemed odd to me.

Anyway, it was an adequate hotel (1 star) in a terrific location (4 stars). Several dining and gelato options nearby.

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bella3106
DirezioneLeonBianco, Proprietario at Hotel Leon Bianco, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Bella,

thank you for sharing your opinion about our hotel on Tripadvisor, we are glad that you liked the view of the Piazza and we regret if you didn't like some aspects of hotel Leon Bianco.

Our rooms are simple but well groomed, the sheets are checked (those old reported and replaced), mattresses and beds in the standards of any 3 star hotel (not 1). The front desk staff may be absent at the moment, for a request of a client or perhaps to get a glass of water, however, we are sorry if you had to wait a few minutes.

For reason of administration we ask the guests to pay the city tax in cash, are usually few coins and we don't think it can be a big bore for the clients.....

Thanks anyway and kind regards from all our staff