“A slice of heaven”

Casanova di Pescille
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I don't know where to begin to describe our fantastic stay at Casanova di Pescille, other than it was amazing. We were greeted by the owner Roberto and he showed us to our beautiful room. The room was even better than the pictures and it was the cleanest I have ever stay in!!! The whole family works here, from making breakfast, cleaning the rooms and preparing gourmet food in their restaurant. Located a few miles from San Gimignano, it is a Agriturismo surrounded with the most beautiful views which include the towers of San Gimignano. Its location is ideal for visiting nearby towns with no problem. The grounds were breathtaking, everything I dreamed Tuscany would be like and more. You must try Roberto's wine and the other products he makes... excellent. The breakfast that is provided is great and plentiful. The restaurant was totally unexpected, very nice and excellent food. I just don't think I can put into words the beauty of this place and the warm feeling we received from the family. One night we were so exhausted that we didn't have the energy to go to dinner in the restaurant, so I asked if we could have a bottle of wine and some cheese and crackers sent to our room; it was no problem and we were very happy. I would absolutely stay here again and I have told my friends that if they want the ultimate Tuscany experience, this is your place. Roberto is a wonderful host and his family are some of the warmest people you will meet. I don't write very many reviews, but Casanova di Pescille is by far one of the nicest places I have every had the pleasure to stay at.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KansasSunflower66215

Reviewed 7 August 2013

My wife and I stayed here as part of our honeymoon in Italy. Tuscany was by far our favourite place in this wonderful country, but this was in no small part down to the brilliant time we had at Casanova di Pescille. Roberto and his family run a fantastic agriturismo, with beautiful rooms, a fantastic restaurant on site, lovely views and pool, and wild grounds to relax in (we could hear the wild boar in the evenings as we drank Roberto's own wine on the terrace!). Roberto thought we were mad by taking a swim in May, but was great fun about it... He is a very kind man and even offered us a bottle of wine on departure to celebrate our honeymoon!

The family go out of their way to make your stay fantastic - Roberto gave us a hand drawn map of the best way to walk in to San Gimignano, and everyone was incredibly friendly and seemed genuinely pleased to see us! We took the cooking class - the undoubted highlight of our trip - with Roberto's son, in his restaurant. We had great fun, and after a morning's hard work got to eat everything with (another) bottle of wine.

The restaurant itself produced the best food we had in Italy, with lovely presentation and the occasional amuse bouche! All overseen by Diletta, Roberto's daughter!

The location is brilliant, the rooms fantastic, and service wonderful. We cannot wait to go back again, and hope to do so in the next few years! Thank you so much for making us feel at home!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mellowlellow
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We've just spent our honeymoon in Tuscany and stayed at Casanova Di Pescille. Everything was absolutely perfect, from the warm welcome of the family to the finest dishes served at the restaurant (we ate there all nights!). We highly recommend you this place near San Gimignano!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Camille D
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My wife and I spent 4 glorious days at this magnificent agriturismo, run by Roberto, and, his entire family. What a well-oiled machine. A mile, or, so from the quaint gem of a city, San Gimignano, the grounds, room, gourmet food, and, especially the family, were beyond pristine. Not a blade out of place. Also, was a great point for various day trips to the Chianti wine region, Siena, Volterra, just to name a few. This place epitomizes the Tuscan region at its finest. The surrounding terrain is breathtaking, the views magnificent, and, we only wish we could have stayed a bit longer on our 2 week / 7 city Italian trip. Casanova de Pescille is at the Zenith of hospitality with all the other benefits, and more. A home away from home.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samuel D
Reviewed 11 July 2013

A friend and I chose to stay at Casanova Di Pescille as the relaxing end of our overseas holiday and I don't think we could have found a better place. Right from the beginning, Roberto and his wonderful family were more than extraordinary hosts. We had planned to walk from San Gimignano to the farm, but were feeling the heat - with in minutes of calling, Roberto arrived to pick us up and showed us to our beautiful rooms- both were tastefully decorated with quality fittings and lovely furniture. The setting was so tranquil with beautiful views and lovely gardens. The breakfasts were included and it was great to be able to eat very reasonably priced tasty evening meals on site.

I did a cooking class with Saverio which was a highlight. Being served the meal created during the class with some of Casanovas own wine, in the lovely stone walled restaurant was so. atmospheric.

Unfortunately, my friend became quite ill at the end of our stay. To have our hosts bring trays of tea, arrange medical services and show so much care and concern while running a busy restaurant is far beyond anything i could have hoped for. I cannot thank-you enough, Roberto, Diletta and you family for being so much more than just owners of a B&B. I noticed in your pamphlet it said "the Fanciullini family help their guests to immediately feel at home with the extra touch of the professional skill of people who have chosen this job as a way of life" That was our experience and I am grateful for it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Natone
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This bed and breakfast was a dream come true. Beautiful scenery, great room, spectacular grounds, and yummy breakfasts!You cannot go wrong staying here, very close drive to San Gimignano. We rented a car and drove all over Tuscany and Chianti! Loved our stay! Thank you all so much!

Room Tip: We had a second floor room, while our friends had a first floor room. They were both very nice! We...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank sushew
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This is our second time at the Casanova and words are not enough to express what a wonderful stay we had. Our only complaint was that we had to book a 3 night stay, which was fine with us, but it seems that some locals stayed only one night.
The food is just a delight and wish the young chef would have a nightly special -- they often serve a pre dinner. little surprise- which is so tasty. And the daughter who is the wait staff is a delight.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends