“Beautiful Property, Relaxing Stay”

Casanova di Pescille
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Easy communication via email for our reservation. With the help of a GPS and Google Maps, we found Casanova di Pescille with no problem. After you drive up and park, walk towards the pool area and you'll find the check-in little house to the left of the main building. The friendliest and nicest person was the lovely blonde lady that spoke the best English. The gentlemen of the property seem to have more limited English. Our room was clean. Linens were fresh. Glad that we had a choice of really firm pillows or a softer pillow. Wifi was fast for us as we were on the 2nd floor and the router was literally mounted outside our door.

We enjoyed the pool and were the only guests at the pool, so it was like having our own private pool overlooking the beautiful Tuscan country side. Ask for extra towels for the pool. Loved breakfast every morning. There is a huge selection of breads, cured meats, cheese, yogurts, cereal, fruit, honey, spreads, jams, hard & soft boiled eggs, tea, coffee, juice, milk.

Couple of things that I wish could have been better were that the bed itself was a bit on the firm side. And I usually like a firm bed, so this was super firm. Also, the hot water in the shower didn't really get hot. The hottest I could get it was warm-but-slightly-cool on the skin. It didn't relax like a shower should. And I was showering mid-day, not during the peak times of morning or evening.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank charcharLA

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I spent 3 days in this beautiful B & B in the mountains of Sam Gimignano. The family run B & B was wonderful in every aspect. The rooms were clean, charming and nicely funsihed! The food was amazing in the restaurant and my husband fell in love with balsalmic steak and wanted to have it every night! You will not be disappointed here!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed here three years ago. When it was time to book our visit this year I did look at other agriturissimos...but found myself coming back to Casanova. Once again a wonderful visit --- we stayed with my son and daughter in law this time. The location is great -- perfect for exploring the Tuscan region and San Gimignano right down the road. There is the added bonus of its having its own restaurant, for the nights you don't want to go looking for a place to eat. The food is fabulous!! ...just as we remembered it. Rooms are comfortable, bathrooms are great and there is plenty of room. Breakfast is plentiful and the family are wonderful hosts. There was reason we came back here and we were not disappointed!!! Thank you for a wonderful time!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CarolynHyannis_MA
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My fiance and I stayed here last August and we did not want to leave. The welcome upon our arrival was fabulous and we found Roberto and his family to be the most perfect hosts. We always had the feeling that nothing was too much trouble - despite Roberto not speaking English too well! He helped me with a problem with Italian customs without any worries at all and, because I do not speak Italian at all, he simply translated through my fiance about it later and allowed us to enjoy our time without any concerns. I cannot imagine receiving better service anywhere. The cooking is superb, although they have the best ingredients with which to work, and the service and ambience are perfect. There is a dog there, and he barks sometimes - this is because he is a dog; it's what they do! Hector is not grumpy, as I read on here somewhere, and he does not get in your way, he is just another lovely accompaniment to a stay that feels like a "home from home". When we returned to San Gimignano a week after leaving, the family were happy to look after our bags for the day, as this service was unavailable in the town. This meant that, despite Italian customs best efforts to ruin it, I was able to take the engagement ring that they had held up to the top of a tower in the town and propose - many thanks to Roberto, Monica, Diletta and Saverio, I could not have done it without you! The practical bits - it is close to the town but take care walking back in the dark as you are on an unlit road; it is probably a breat base for a tour of Tuscany, however we were staying elsewhere and did not want to leave the farmhouse too much. The bathroom is not huge but it is all nicely appointed and very comfortable. The pool is impeccably clean and a good size, plenty of space for everyone, and views to die for. Next time, I will take the cookery lesson because too many people have said how good it is, and if I could cook food like that I would be delighted! We will return next year, and probably every year or two thereafter - truly superb and a real "find".

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a week , using it as a base to explore Tuscany by car. We found it to be delightful, a real oasis to come "home" to every afternoon. What a joy to be able to drive up the vineyard drive and PARK , without the usual parking hassles in Tuscan towns ! The grounds and view towards San Gimignano are beautiful , the family members helpful and friendly and the in-house dining room served up excellent Tuscan food.
We stayed in the apartment which was charming, but didn't use the kitchen- who would with such delicious food , but a few steps away !
Tight spiral stair case in the apartment : don't book it if you have any mobility problems.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter G
Reviewed 5 October 2013

The cooking class we took with Saverio at Casanova di Pescille was the highlight of our 2 week vacation in Italy. Saverio was so personable and fun and showed us how to cook an authentic Italian meal. The class was 3 hours long and then we spent 2 hours eating what we had prepared complete with the properties fabulous wine. The location is absolutely lovely and we could not have been happier with the experience. Thank you Saverio for making our time in Tuscany so memorable!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank desertgirl1959
Reviewed 20 September 2013

The only drawback is the slow wifi. But if you are wanting a quiet place and dondon't need a fast Internet, this will suffice. They do have a nice sunny pool to relax by and they also have a bar that is on the honor system. The wine they make is 10 euros a bottle. I found it to be just fine. Very restful place ckose ro Voltera and San Gimignano.

• Stayed: September 2013