“San Gimignano”
Review of Podere Villuzza

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Gimignano
Podere Villuzza
grignan
“San Gimignano”
Reviewed 18 May 2012

It is certainly a very good location near San Gimignano, that you see from the room and I can give a very positive advice
See the rating I have mentionned ;they are so
Nevertheless TWO remarks ;
A/ some guides describe the quality of the the food as being exeptionnel
I should say, this not totally true
It's a simple but good family preparation, but not exceptionnal, as Italian may do.
The breakfast is really very poor, and when you see, in town ,how marvellous different pastry are avaible ( and cheap), its a pity they do not serve it ( and it's not agreable when you travel all the day)
B/ Internet is also not available, which complicates some situation

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jacquesGrignan

CALIFORNIA
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Although it's been at least 10 yrs since my husband and I stayed here.....I just signed up for Trip Advisor....so here is my review.
We found this lovely farmhouse through Karen Brown years ago. We still remember it as one of our most wonderful memories ever. I don't remember the names of the people who owned it then....and I just read there are new owners. So I will just talk about the farmhouse itself. It is wonderful. Gorgeous location....five mins driving from San Gimignano. Stunning view of olive groves and hillside. At the time we stayed they offered a 5 course meal at dinner with other people who were staying there. I don't know if they still do that.....but at the time when they did it was an awesome experience. The room was huge, spotless, and gorgeous.....with a beautiful view. We will never forget Podere Villuzza!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We first stayed here in 1995-based on a Karen Brown guide (USA) inclusion in her book of Italian B&B s..ie Agriturismo accommodation. My wife and I have stayed here four times at least while touring Tuscany . Sandra and Gianni Dei who owned the farm became great friends and now it has been passed on to others. The rooms overloook vineyards on one side and up to the towers of San Gimignano on the other across rolling hillside and fields.In the late afternoon a swim in the pool and a glass of wine as the sun sets is hard to beat. It was and still is a wonderful place to stay. The new owners are making their own wines and olive oil which can be purchased on site. I didn't actually stay here in November 2010,but I did visit with the Sandra and Gianni-the previous owners and was very impressed with what was being done at Podere Villuzza.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank geebee01
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 25 May 2010

My fiancee and I spent 8 days in this wonderful agriturismo. Each member of their family are great hosts and helped out with our daily excursions.... and the food....dinner each night was an Italian feast! The rooms were comfortable and clean. We had a room with a terrace overlooking the Tuscan countryside....just beautiful...It was a perfect location for our daily trips to various Tuscan towns. After spending a day sightseeing it was great to come "home" to our 8 pm dinner with a nice glass of vino. Pina and her family are wonderful people. We would definitely go back!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Antoniettah
Toronto
Reviewed 20 February 2010

We stayed at Podere Villuzza for a 4 day getaway in June of 2009.
Beautifully located with Mama in the kitchen, you cannot help but fall in love with this place.
For those looking for an upmarket getaway, a word of warning: the rooms are extremely rustic. This is a farm. Our room was dated, our bed like concrete, we could hear everything in the room next door, and we had some not so pleasant smells floating through the room at certain times of day. However, we would go back in a heartbeat for Podere Villuzza's hospitality, incredible food, wonderful location, views, and peacefulness.
The highlight for us had to be the 8pm dinners prepared by the hostess. We could see her cooking all day, and meals were true Italian feasts followed by dessert on the outdoor terrace. bliss.
This place is for the traveller looking to escape the bustle of the city, eat good food, and relax and for the traveller that does not mind simpler accommodations.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Hotel Vecchio Asilo
#1 of 1 in Ulignano
B&B Ponte a Nappo
#21 of 66 in San Gimignano
Agriturismo Il Casolare di Bucci...
#12 of 111 in San Gimignano
Fattoria San Donato
#13 of 111 in San Gimignano

Been to Podere Villuzza? Share your experiences!