We stayed six nights, that is, five too many.
The room is large for European standards, and so is the bathroom, except that the shower is smaller than in a cruise ship. Toiletries are mediocre at best. The safe is large enough for your passports and cards.
The swimming pool is for decoration: not a single guest used it during our stay, because the water is very cold and not heated at all.
Breakfast is OK, yet, in an area where they pride themselves for the fresh fruits and vegetables, the fruit salad comes off a can.
Avoid the overpriced restaurant, where the artichoke dish...comes off a can too ! If you ask for an extra grisini, you are charged 2 Euros , in addition of the Euros charged for the bread.
The Staff is excellent, helpful, and the hotel is very clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casolare Le Terre Rosse is only five minutes away from San Gimignano and is surrounded by a beautiful park. Thanks to the Niccolini family, this elegant farmhouse, tucked away in nature, was turned into a small gem of Tuscan hospitality. At Casolare le Terre Rosse you will experience a unique, warm and cosy atmosphere and will have the chance to live close to nature while enjoying the food and culture of this incomparable land. You can relax in our bright rooms or in our elegant country-style apartments and enjoy the Tuscan countryside while having breakfast, or you may relax at the spillway pool, where you can restore your energy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotel.de and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Casolare le Terre Rosse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Casolare Terre Rosse
- Hotel Casolare Le Terre Rosse San Gimignano, Tuscany, Italy