“A very special wine tour experience in Chianti”

TuscanyEx Day Tours
Ranked #5 of 9 Tours in San Gimignano
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a tour operator based in San Gimignano, organizing special tours made by a group of passionate travel experts, local guides and people, aimed to make our visitors' experiences exclusive excursions in our so exciting Tuscany!!
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Three friends and I from Australia and UK were in San Gimignano for 4 nights for the Andreas Bocelli concert. We decided to do a wine tour that also gave us the opportunity to see the countryside.Claudia's Chianti wine tour was adapted to suit our needs and we set off in a lovely air conditioned bus with a friendly and very informative young Italian guide. We drove through the countryside to the beautiful, historic winery. The sommelier was passionate about the winery, the wine produced and the tradition and processes used in Chianti. She really wanted to share her passion with us and have a true Chianti wine experience. The tasting went through different rooms and we decided to stay for lunch. A table was set up outside in the garden looking over the picture book countryside and we had a delicious lunch and wine of course. Then back in the van and continued through some delightful villages.Claudia was a joy to deal with and very patient with our change of dates, numbers. Claudia even met us at the end of our day. Claudia is knowledgeable and helpful and I will use her travel services any time I am in Tuscany. Thanks Claudia.

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"lunch"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 31 July 2013

We really enjoyed the walking and wine tour. The winery and attached B&B were fabulous and our tour guide, Claudia, was outstanding, very friendly and knowledgeable. The town and countryside are very beautiful and the walk, even though there are a lot of hills in this area, was not too strenuous. Lunch with wine was included with the tour and the food was typical Tuscan fare which was very good (as was the wine).

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Thank you for helping us when we recently came to Tuscany. We were referred to your travel agency by our hotel in San Gimignano, Tuscany, Italy. We arrived in San Gimignano with no fixed travel plans for the week and wanted to talk to someone who could help us. Claudia was so helpful and arranged at very short notice, a private day trip to Lucca and Barga, a private tour to Chianti Classico, bus tickets to Sienna and a walking tour when we arrived, a private tour of San Gimignano and an Italian Cooking class in a nearby town with walking tour. Before we knew it, Claudia had planned our week and what a blast we had. So much fun and she took a lot of care to ensure we were ok and looked after. Thank you so much Claudia. Our time in Tuscany would have been much harder to organise on our own. Kindest regards, Leanne and Mark, Australia

Tour_Operator_sg, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at TuscanyEx Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Thank you very much Leanne!!!

So special for me to meet you during your journey, and so glad you liked the experiences of Tuscany we proposed! Thank you to give me the chance to express the true passion for my land!!! I hope to see you again and wish you all the best for your life!

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Three friends and I stayed three nights in San Gimignano as part of a two week holiday in Italy. To maximize our time I contacted our hotel staff who recommended Tuscany Ex to arrange our tours. Our contact at Tuscany Ex, Claudia, not only arranged two wonderful days of activities but also transportation to and from our hotel and the train station. We had asked for a cooking class and a wine tour in addition to visits to hill towns and the countryside. Claudia arranged a private cooking class that was outstanding, world-class and fun. She expertly guided us to hill towns and the countryside. She arranged a Chianti wine tour with a knowledgeable colleague, which exceeded our expectations. We could not have had a better personal, local and rich introduction to Tuscany. Thanks to the competence of Tuscany Ex, Claudia and her colleagues we felt safe and well taken care of. An added bonus was having a local person who answered all our questions before and during our visit. We all felt our time in Tuscany was the highlight of our Italian experience!

Tour_Operator_sg, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at TuscanyEx Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Thank you very much Mrs. Betty-Lou,
I am so glad you keep such a good memory of your stay in Tuscany, your nice words for our work give us strength to go on this way to me and my collegues. It has been a pleasure for us to show you and your friends a bit of "our" Tuscany made of many passionate and talented people.
Thank you again, we hope to see you again here soon! Yours Claudia

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I traveled to San Gimingano in early May and stayed at the Hotel L'Antico Pozzo. Prior to my arrival I emailed to hotel to ask about wine tours. Emanuele at the hotel connected me with Claudia at Tuscany Day Tours and we scheduled a walking tour to a farm with lunch and wine tasting. Claudia meet us at our hotel and we started the tour. We walked through the beautiful country side learning more about the history of San Gimignano, local foods and wine and she gave us an insight into life in San Gimingano as this is her home town. Claudia was able to answer all of our questions and she speaks very good English.

We arrived to the farm just outside the city and sat down to have an authenic Tuscan lunch which included the most delicious olives I've ever tasted, fresh cheese, meat, bread and penna pasta, We also tasted Vernaccia a local white wine along with a couple Chiantis.

We then toured the wine production at the farm. Very interesting. Then it started to rain so Claudia called to have a van pick us up and go back to town. By the time we got there is stopped raining so she showed us some amazing views of the Tuscan countryside and we ended at another wine bar in town.

I HIGHLY recommend a guided tour with Claudia. She is so nice and knows so much aobut of San Gimignano. She even looked up train schedule for us to get to Cinque Terra the next day.

1  Thank Sarah_U_10

Thank you Sarah ! We hope to se you back here soon!!