We stayed at Hotel Sovestro for 7 nights.It is quite a big hotel with 2 amazing pools.When we walked into our room there was a complimentary bottle of wine for my parents which was really nice of them. Our room was comfortable, quite and had an authentic feel. The breakfast was amazing it included: fruit, yoghurts, cereals, pastries, cold meat, breads and coffee/tea.There is a restaraunt was fantastic at the hotel. I could happily eat there every night. You need to hire a car because the hotel is situated about 5kms out of San Gimignano, but still in a very good location. The staff were very helpful, espically Laura. She gave us advice on some small towns around San Gimignano that were quite pretty and helped me when i had alot of mossie bites!!!There is free internet access in the reception, but you have to ask reception for a username and password that is validated for 72 hours. That was very helpful for us as we needed to check in online for our flight that was leaving Rome. We didnt visit alot of the other towns nearby but we went to Volterra- which is a hiltop town and Poggibonsi. You could do as much or as little as you wanted to. There is lots of places you can visit such as(Pisa, Lucca, Chianti, Florence, Siena and Volterra) which are all easy day trips. We just needed to relax by the pool so we didnt get enough time to explore these towns. If you are looking for a relaxing stay, beautiful view and great service, then Hotel Sovestro is exactly that. We are looking dorward to returning in the future!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sovestro has 40 rooms, 28 of which are situated on the ground floor with a small private garden and 12 rooms on the first floor with fitted Balcony .All the rooms have a wonderful view on the countryside of San Gimignano or a suggestive view of our swimming pools.All our rooms have private bathroom with shower, hair-drier, telephone, minibar, safe, TV LCD of 26’’, with Sky Silver programmes and air conditioning or heating. WI-FI free in all the rooms, in common area inside or open-air.We have a private free wide- parking, in the small pinewood, is available only for the hotel- guests.Two are the swimming pools, available for our clients, the bigger allows you to swim, have fun and take the sun, the other one, smaller, is in a very silent and discrete corner of the garden, has a small waterfall for massage and a waterline for a moment of relaxation and sun bathing. … Moreover … We inform you that, we realized a small fitness room available for our clients.The use of the gym is free.We wish you finally to give you a small suggestion to let you enjoy the beauty of our hearth, a beautiful walk, through a path deeped in the countryside, which from Hotel Sovestro leads to San Gimignano, with its towers, in only 20/30 minutes.Furtherore we suggest you to enjoy one of the best Tuscan cuisines in the restaurant “Da Pode”.Once it was a farmhouse and now managed directly from the Failli family, who will invite you to savour the Tuscan-dishes.Monday is the day of rest of the restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HostelWorld, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Sovestro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sovestro Hotel San Gimignano
- Hotel Sovestro San Gimignano, Tuscany, Italy