After three days and nights in Rome, our group of four adult friends found the Hotel Sovestro a welcome respite in the Tuscan countryside. From arrival through departure two days later, we were treated as very special guests by the well trained and cheerful staff.
The rooms are simply furnished but very comforable and feature lovely, private terraces with views of the surrounding olive groves. The Hotel Sovestro is a perfect base from which to explore San Gimignano, the beautiful countryside, and even Florence, just a 50 minute drive to the north.
In addition to the comfortable, quiet accommodations, we would recommend the delightful on-site restaurant, Da Poda. Our food was fresh and tasty and reasonably priced.
If you are looking for a special retreat in the Tuscan countryside at a reasonable price, Hotel Sovestro is the place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sovestro has 40 rooms, 28 of which are situated on the ground floor with a small private garden and 12 rooms on the first floor with fitted Balcony .All the rooms have a wonderful view on the countryside of San Gimignano or a suggestive view of our swimming pools.All our rooms have private bathroom with shower, hair-drier, telephone, minibar, safe, TV LCD of 26’’, with Sky Silver programmes and air conditioning or heating. WI-FI free in all the rooms, in common area inside or open-air.We have a private free wide- parking, in the small pinewood, is available only for the hotel- guests.Two are the swimming pools, available for our clients, the bigger allows you to swim, have fun and take the sun, the other one, smaller, is in a very silent and discrete corner of the garden, has a small waterfall for massage and a waterline for a moment of relaxation and sun bathing. … Moreover … We inform you that, we realized a small fitness room available for our clients.The use of the gym is free.We wish you finally to give you a small suggestion to let you enjoy the beauty of our hearth, a beautiful walk, through a path deeped in the countryside, which from Hotel Sovestro leads to San Gimignano, with its towers, in only 20/30 minutes.Furtherore we suggest you to enjoy one of the best Tuscan cuisines in the restaurant “Da Pode”.Once it was a farmhouse and now managed directly from the Failli family, who will invite you to savour the Tuscan-dishes.Monday is the day of rest of the restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HostelWorld, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Sovestro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sovestro Hotel San Gimignano
- Hotel Sovestro San Gimignano, Tuscany, Italy