“Wonderful Experience”

Agriturismo Poggiacolle
Berkeley, California
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

During our one month honeymoon in Italy we stayed at Poggiacolle for two nights, but wished we had stayed many more. It's in a beautiful, remote, but easy to find location in the Tuscan hills surrounded by the olive groves and vineyards of the property. Even though you are within very close driving distance (5-10 minutes) of San Gimignano and also very close to Volterra, unless you want to go to restaurants and shop, you can just spend the day enjoying the scenery right at the farmhouse. They have many lounge chairs and a lovely pool that looks towards San Gimignano's many towers. We would love to come back and stay here for a long trip! Thanks Stefano for being a fantastic host.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Aldershot, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We had the most lovely stay here in August 2013 - 4 brilliant nights and days. In the end we could have stayed much longer as there was lots to see and do nearby and we also wanted to make the most of the lovely place itself rather than rushing here and there all the time. The accommodation was perfect, breakfast was great and my faltering Italian was sympathetically listened to and helped while I was there! We loved the pool area and each day made sure we were back in time to enjoy a couple of hours R & R. Stefano was able to book us a couple of local restaurants which were great. Would highly recommend it as a place for couples or families or even just a group of friends. Hopefully we will return one day in the not too distant future.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cath505060
Stefano B, Proprietario at Agriturismo Poggiacolle, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Dear Cathy,
I whould like to thank you for the kind words that you have dedicated to Poggiacolle farm. It's very important for me to know that everything was fine and that you enjoyied so much your holyday in San Gimignano. As you have already written, there are still a lot of beautiful places to visit in the surroundings of the town, so I sincerely hope to welcome you again to Poggiacolle for another interesting holyday in Tuscany.
Thank you for the great comment.
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Stefano has the perfect place to stay. This was our second time with a group of 20 family and friends...and both visits met our highest expectations. We reserved all 10 bedrooms and we loved the huge kitchen that could accommodate our nightly meals - a central location that got us to Chianti and Siena and Radicondoli - or wherever we wanted to go in half an hour. The pool was there to refresh us and San Gimignano was always just right there in our sight! And just a lovely half hour stroll into town. Stefano is very accommodating and can tell you much about the best of the area. Gracia Mille. Leith

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Stefano B, Proprietario at Agriturismo Poggiacolle, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Dear Leith,
I whould like to thank you for the time you spent writing this positive comment, it's very important for me and my job, so thank you very much!! I'm glad to know that your second time was as good as the first one. For me it's a great, fantastic compliment. At this point I have to tell you a typical italian expression : " non c'è due senza tre "....which means that something that had happened for two times..it .will certainly happen for the third time......so, I'm sure.....I will certainly welcome you again to Poggiacolle!
Grazie!
Whanganui, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

We are so very very pleased we chose to stay at Poggiacolle . Charismatic Stefano is the perfect host, forever helpful with advice whenever needed.... he is a generous man also. Two couples occupied the Lavanda apartment and this was perfect for us. Two good size double rooms with nice en suites. The dining/ lounge area is spacious and all we needed was here. The location is superb and the views are to die for. Forever etched in our memory will be dining outside with a glass of wine ( or two) looking across the beautifully manicured vineyards and olive trees and beyond these a magnificent view of the charming San Gimignano. The same outstanding views you will gain from the large and very beautiful swimming pool....it is heaven believe me! This is a perfect place to stay. When we viewed all the possibilities 14 months ago it was a daunting task.....we were guided by Trip Advisor and the favourable reviews. We have been rewarded by our choice ten fold.. As future readers look for something special and well priced with a very caring host you could do no better than to come to Poggiacolle .

Room Tip: We were in the Lavanda apartment which was superb for two couples . Roomy and nice and cool. A very...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Wayne and Margaret ,
I whould like to thank you for the kind words that yuo have dedicated to me and Poggiacolle farm.
I'm very very happy that you enjoied your choice to stay at Poggiacolle farm! It's exactly what I like to hear from my guests!! I whould like to thank you also for the super-kind e-mail that you sent me before my wedding! Lorita has really appreciated it! I think that right now she is sending some photos to you! We hope you like it!
Thank tou again for the time you spent writing your comment. We have very nice memories about you and your friends, it will be a pleasure for us to welcome you again to Poggiacolle.
Stefano and Lorita.
Redwood City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Our group of 10 stayed at Poggiacolle in the Girasole apartment and had a fantastic time. The location is spectacular, with sweeping views of vineyards and groves and a fairy tale view of the town of San Gimignano! Our group had a mix of runners and hikers and there were miles and miles of trails right from the Poggiacolle. My day usually started with a scenic 40 minute walk into town for coffee and pastries. The walk to San Gimignano has rolling hills with beautiful views and very little car traffic (only near the city). We visited many towns in italy and San Gimignano was our favorite!

The apartment itself had the rustic italian farmhouse details that you would expect, yet with all the comforts of home. Views from the rooms were breathtaking. Each bedroom had its own modern, clean bathroom and comfortable beds. The farm kitchen was wonderfully big and accommodated all of us easily without feeling cramped. One evening we hired a personal chef to cook a meal for us and it was one of the best meals we had in Italy. Highly recommend "The Eatalianist" (theeatalianist.com) if you want a special dinner - they are the best. There is a convenient grocery store in San Gimignano (about 1.5 miles away) where you can stock up on food.

The grounds around the Poggiacolle are spectacular with vineyards and olive groves and lots and lots of walking trails. The large, clean swimming pool had stunning views of the cityline of San Gimignano! The pool is located in a large grassy meadow with more than enough lawn chairs and umbrellas for any size group. There are also mountain bikes for guest use as well as a ping pong table.

Stefano, the manager, was extremely helpful in recommending restaurants, places to see, and general advice on getting around in tuscany.

I look forward to returning to Poggiacolle again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Merce,
Thank you so much for the great comment that you wrote about Poggiacolle farm. You have carefully described all the different aspects of the farm and your gentle words made me feel very proud! Thank you! I'm very happy to know that everything was fine and that you really enjoied your holyday at Poggiacolle farm. I want to thank you again for the time you spent writing this beautiful comment and I hope to welcome you again to San Gimignano and Poggiacolle farm.
Best regards,
Erlangen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I was there with my boyfriend and we loved it! Beautiful rooms, amazing setting and great staff... Thanks to Marcella for looking after us every breakfast and to the owner Stefano who was really helpful and made our stay wonderful!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Stefano B, Proprietario at Agriturismo Poggiacolle, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear Silvia,
I whould like to thank you for your positive comment on Poggiacolle farm. Me and Marcella are very happy to know that everything was fine. Thank you again for the kind words that you have dedicated to us and to Poggiacolle farm. I really appreciated the time you spent writing it.
I hope to welcome you again to Poggiacolle as my precious guests.
See you soon,
Stefano
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Charming Stefano greeted us on arrival to the beautiful agriturismo nested high in the hills of San Gimignano. We immediately felt at home. Our room was comfortable and included a small kitchen so we were able to cook two nice meals and enjoy the wine from the very vineyards that surround this lovely place. We must say thanks to Marcella too for her fabulous breakfasts. There are lots of opportunities for long walks, swimming in the large pool and relaxing on the grounds. It was a please to stay here and we highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Joan,
thank you very much for the beautiful comment that you wrote about Poggiacolle farm. You called me "charming".....so you are definitely my fovourite guests of ever !! Marcella wants to thank you for your kind words, we are really happy to know that you appreciated your stay in Poggiacolle farm and that everything was fine.
I hope to welcome you again to Poggiacolle.....we are harvesting grapes right now....so you should come next year , in order to taste the new vintage!
Thanks again for your recommendation,
best regards,