Tiziana and her family and crew are fantastic. They go out of their way to make your stay at Il Vecchio Maneggio comfortable and relaxing. They’re easy going, and full of great advice and helpful tips and suggestions. The rooms are charming. Not huge or overly fancy, but charming! – very welcoming and decorated with warmth and character. The meals – breakfast and dinner – are fabulous! Breakfast is conveniently served buffet style, and includes a wide variety of choices to satisfy anyone’s tastes. The very generous, multi-course dinners (which often include local specialties, and are always home cooked by Tiziana and her crew) are delicious and filling. More than that, they are served family style and Tiziana always has lots of stories to kick-off the conversation. By the end of the meal (or the end of the week or weekend!) you’ve shared travel tips and suggestions and personal anecdotes with other guests as you savor your pasta, cheese and farm fresh honeys, and sip a glass of wine…and you feel like part of the family! Il Vecchio Maneggio is located in the heart of Tuscany. It’s a 10 minute drive from San Gimignano (clear views of the towns towers from Il Vecchio Maneggio’s patio, dining hall and some rooms). Many other popular Tuscan destinations are an easy drive: Sienna, Montepulciano, Radda, Castellina, Monteriggione… or even north to Pisa, Lucca and others. It’s an ideal location to explore Tuscany and Chianti regions. Or…spend a day simply relaxing by the pool, or riding on horseback through the vineyards. It’s all wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This charming typical farmhouse, whose name could not be different from "Il Vecchio Maneggio" (the old Horseback Riding Centre), set on top of a hill, enjoys lovely views over the Tuscan countryside. The Pieraccini family, the owners of this organic farm, have always lived here, working the land, rearing horses and keeping bees. The old farmhouse, which has been recently restored retaining the original features of this typical Tuscan country house, today can accommodate guests in the family-run agriturismo "Il Vecchio maneggio," which offers 5 comfortable rooms; the fully equipped kitchen where Tiziana, an experienced and excellent cook, transforms the farm products and other local specialties into delicious meals, served in the large dining room whose patio doors enjoys lovely views of the medieval town of San Gimignano and of the surrounding countryside. Guests are free to discover the activities and the daily life at the farm such as harvesting, picking the olives, extracting honey, feeding horses and other animals of the farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Studio Scivoletto S.r.l. so you can book your Agriturismo Il Vecchio Maneggio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Agriturismo Il Vecchio Maneggio Hotel San Gimignano
- Agriturismo Il Vecchio Maneggio San Gimignano, Tuscany, Italy