I don't even know where to start with this review, because our stay at Il Vecchio Maneggio surpassed all of my expectations. My mom and I stayed here for 4 nights here with Tiziana based on the rave reviews, and couldn't have been happier with our visit. Her and Eliza, her assistant, are warm and inviting, and will drop everything to make sure that you're comfortable and happy. We arrived to a glass of wine, produced on the farm, and enjoyed exploring the farmhouse and surrounding land. We stayed in one of the downstairs rooms, which was honestly the only disappointment of the trip - our bed was kind of uncomfortable, but we were able to pad it with additional blankets to build up the mattress. It was wonderful to sit out on the chairs near the pool and read in the late afternoons with a view of the countryside. It's breathtaking.
What you will never forget are the dinners with Tiziana and her husband. What an amazing experience. Sitting with travelers from all over the globe enjoying the best food I've ever eaten. The meals were almost too much, as you are stuffed to the brim after almost 3 hours. We were lucky to have the best dinner companions, making fast friends with the other travelers staying at the farmhouse or down the road. We were so sad to leave at the end of our stay, and will hopefully be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This charming typical farmhouse, whose name could not be different from "Il Vecchio Maneggio" (the old Horseback Riding Centre), set on top of a hill, enjoys lovely views over the Tuscan countryside. The Pieraccini family, the owners of this organic farm, have always lived here, working the land, rearing horses and keeping bees. The old farmhouse, which has been recently restored retaining the original features of this typical Tuscan country house, today can accommodate guests in the family-run agriturismo "Il Vecchio maneggio," which offers 5 comfortable rooms; the fully equipped kitchen where Tiziana, an experienced and excellent cook, transforms the farm products and other local specialties into delicious meals, served in the large dining room whose patio doors enjoys lovely views of the medieval town of San Gimignano and of the surrounding countryside. Guests are free to discover the activities and the daily life at the farm such as harvesting, picking the olives, extracting honey, feeding horses and other animals of the farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Studio Scivoletto S.r.l. so you can book your Agriturismo Il Vecchio Maneggio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Agriturismo Il Vecchio Maneggio Hotel San Gimignano
- Agriturismo Il Vecchio Maneggio San Gimignano, Tuscany, Italy