This Agriturismo has something unique -- its shared dining experience with creates a family atmosphere and a blending of cultures and experiences. While we found the language differences somewhat challenging, we enjoyed meeting our fellow travelers. The dinner was wonderful -- a full five course (or was it seven?) meal. The homemade honeys are a wonderful complement to the cheese and the breakfast buffet. In terms of the rooms, ours was very comfortable. We loved the underfloor heating in the bathroom -- perfect in chilly weather. The view was beautiful too -- peaceful, serene, looking out over the hills. The setting for the B&B is wonderful -- I could have walked there for hours. The location, near San Gimignano, was perfect for us. In the off-season, this town is simply charming. Last, but far from least, the owner, her family and her staff are wonderful hosts. Tiziana and her family treated us as if we were part of the family. We were very touched by her warmth and her attention to our needs. Thank you to all -- we do hope to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This charming typical farmhouse, whose name could not be different from "Il Vecchio Maneggio" (the old Horseback Riding Centre), set on top of a hill, enjoys lovely views over the Tuscan countryside. The Pieraccini family, the owners of this organic farm, have always lived here, working the land, rearing horses and keeping bees. The old farmhouse, which has been recently restored retaining the original features of this typical Tuscan country house, today can accommodate guests in the family-run agriturismo "Il Vecchio maneggio," which offers 5 comfortable rooms; the fully equipped kitchen where Tiziana, an experienced and excellent cook, transforms the farm products and other local specialties into delicious meals, served in the large dining room whose patio doors enjoys lovely views of the medieval town of San Gimignano and of the surrounding countryside. Guests are free to discover the activities and the daily life at the farm such as harvesting, picking the olives, extracting honey, feeding horses and other animals of the farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Studio Scivoletto S.r.l. so you can book your Agriturismo Il Vecchio Maneggio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Agriturismo Il Vecchio Maneggio Hotel San Gimignano
- Agriturismo Il Vecchio Maneggio San Gimignano, Tuscany, Italy