We booked a two bedroom apartment for a week to meet friends and see Tuscany for the first time. To us, this was more like glorified camping. Yes the views were great but not much else. We picked this since it was August and A/C was important. We paid an extra 60 Euro and it barely spit out cool air. The outdoor furniture was full of spider webs, the kitchen was barely clean, the dishes greasy and the Teflon on the frying pan so scratched you wouldn't want to use it. We had no idea nothing was provided-no starter set of even paper towels. The management was responsive to our request for some supplies and some extra towels but that did not improve things like the shower, barely room to move and mold in every crack. The living area, where we had expected to 'hang out, have wine, etc. was nothing more than a small two person futon with a piece of fabric thrown over it. The dining table had a glass overlay, smeary and dirty on the underside, so no way to clean it. The smaller bedroom had no drawers at all for clothes. You had to figure out where to take your trash and recyclables.
The pool area was convenient and looks great in the photos but the pool was vinyl lined with again dirt and mold around the edges, some sunbeds were ripped and the umbrellas also sported mold underneath.
We ate only one dinner there our first night, no choice, set menu, fair at best if you like your lasagna made with frozen pasta sheets (saw the boxes in the trash) and sitting out on a terrace on plastic chairs, no lights and lots of bugs.
I am sure most of my complaints have more to do with expectations. When we booked this through Easy Reserve, there was no name even given to us of the Fattoire San Pietro or we might have taken a room instead or gone elsewhere. It was peaceful and quiet but we had a nice week in spite of and not because of the accommodations.
I know the other trip advisor reviews are glowing, and perhaps this is just our American standards in a Euro-British centric agrotourismo but I have been traveling in Europe for twelve weeks now and this was the worst accommodation so far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Laying on Siena's countryside on gentle hills along the Via Francigena and minutes away from the famous towers of San Gimignano, noble and ancient houses form the Fattorie Santo Pietro, a ancient and quiet village surrounded by 300 hectares of unspoiled nature. The whole village has been restored and it is a rural architectural heritage of pure Tuscan tradition. The Fattorie Santo Pietro offer different types of accommodation to suit guests from all over the world: sixteen apartments, in former farmhouses located in the quiet of nature, nine elegant rooms in the Country House, two villas formerly the estate manor's mansion have all been designed and furnished with great attention to details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Fattorie Santo Pietro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fattorie Santo Pietro Hotel San Gimignano
- Fattorie Santo Pietro San Gimignano, Tuscany, Italy