After Rome and Florence, Castello di Fulignano was a very welcome place to truly unwind and soak in the Tuscan scene. The place is impeccably maintained, rooms are comfortable, better-than-a-painting scenery, quiet and even has a on-site restaurant that served the best meals we had on our trip at a reasonable price - not to be missed. The manageress, Sylvia was warm and helpful and offered all the travel advise we needed. There are food markets nearby in Poggibonsi to stock your kitchen and the wine country, Sienna and San Gimignano are very nearby for day trips. The seclusion is one of the pluses there, and if you're came to unwind, you could not do better. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castello di Fulignano is an ancient building dating back to the 10th Century and retaining all the charm of its original structure. Meticulous restoration and attention to preserve the traditional features with cotto floors, beamed ceilings, layout united with the amazing views, provide the guest with the perfect spot for a relaxing and inspiring holiday. Ideal for any type of vacation: couples will love the peaceful grounds and romantic atmosphere, families with kids will enjoy walks on panoramic countryroads and local festivals. More active guests have a good choice to keep busy, ranging from mountain bikes, horse ridings, visit wineries …. Whenever you will manage to draw away from the super panoramic swimming pool, many of the most interesting sites in Tuscany are at easy reach for you to visit (Florence, Siena, Chianti villages and Volterra only 30 minutes drive). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Castello di Fulignano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Fulignano Hotel San Gimignano
- Castello Di Fulignano San Gimignano, Tuscany, Italy