After finding our way to the Castello di Fulignano (not too hard if you're not timid and don't give up too soon) we were amazed at the beauty and serenity of the place. We stayed for seven nights after receiving a glowing recommendation from friends who had stayed there in the spring. A;though seemingly remote, it is only a short distance to the main road which gives easy access to the rest of Tuscany and beyond. Silvia was a gem, fielding every question and concern with grace and good humor. The on site restaurant was superb with an accomodating and efficient staff. Our room was comfortable, although we had one of the rooms without the gorgeous view over looking San Gimignano. Would we stay here again? YES! Would we recommend Castello di Fulignano? YES!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castello di Fulignano is an ancient building dating back to the 10th Century and retaining all the charm of its original structure. Meticulous restoration and attention to preserve the traditional features with cotto floors, beamed ceilings, layout united with the amazing views, provide the guest with the perfect spot for a relaxing and inspiring holiday. Ideal for any type of vacation: couples will love the peaceful grounds and romantic atmosphere, families with kids will enjoy walks on panoramic countryroads and local festivals. More active guests have a good choice to keep busy, ranging from mountain bikes, horse ridings, visit wineries …. Whenever you will manage to draw away from the super panoramic swimming pool, many of the most interesting sites in Tuscany are at easy reach for you to visit (Florence, Siena, Chianti villages and Volterra only 30 minutes drive). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Castello di Fulignano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Fulignano Hotel San Gimignano
- Castello Di Fulignano San Gimignano, Tuscany, Italy