“Beutiful setting in the centre of Tuscany”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Italian first
Any
NickBorzy...
“Beutiful setting in the centre of Tuscany”
Reviewed 4 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Great location in the centre of Tuscany. Couldn't of hoped for better views form the property. Very adequate property for 3 adults and 2 children. The children enjoyed the pool apart from being a little chilly!
We enjoyed our weeks stay in this beautiful location.
Would highly recommend.

26 Jun 2017
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Collinella 14. I am pleased you enjoyed those fabulous views. I am sorry to hear that the pool was a little chilly. In common with many pools in Italy it is unheated, although it's usually warmed up to be a pleasant temperature by the summer months. Thank you for highly recommending my property and I hope to see you returning in the future.
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beautiful, peaceful location, food for the soul.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of your stay in Collinella 14. I am very pleased to hear that your enjoyed the house, facilities and those great views of the Tuscan countryside and Volterra from the terraces. I have not been to the Vespa museum but will definitely give it a try when I next visit. Its good to hear that you will return - that's the best testimonial I could wish for! You will of course be very welcome.
Warm wishes
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your great review of your stay at Collinella 14. I am so pleased to hear that you found it family friendly for your young child. I hope you enjoyed exploring new places and still had time to relax and enjoy the stunning views. I hope to welcome you back in the future.
Very best wishes
Reviewed 19 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. Its great to hear that you had a good time at Collinella 14 and that your baby was well catered for. It is a great place to relax and simply enjoy those fabulous views!
Warm regards
Lazlo46
toronto
“Very Poor attitude,no electrcity,water, fix yourself”
Reviewed 5 August 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

We have stayed in various places similar to this for the past 15 years in Italy and are experienced travelers to this region.
Our first day here we had a small medical issue. We looked at the written information provided for medical assistance and found it to be incorrect, outdated and incomplete. We attempted to contact the proprietor and left a message hoping he would provide the correct information. No response We solved this issue ourselves.

When we arrived the pool was being repaired and unusable. This of course was beyond the control of the proprietor. Several days after this we ran out of water. After an entire morning without water we again tried to contact the proprietor with no success. We solved this issue ourselves. Frustrating.

At our second to last day we lost our electricity for an entire morning. Written Information was provided in respect to the location of the fuse box which very poor. We again phoned and left a message. Happily one of the permanent residences helped us. We showed him the instruction provided and he confirmed would not find fuse box with the information provided.
On our last day at noon we finally heard from him. He indicated that he found out about the pool problem two days after we arrived!! He did indicate we could use a pool on another one of his properties, not much help if you are leaving the next morning. I explained the issues that we had and was told me rather arrogantly that this was not a full service hotel. I was shocked at his attitude I indicated I understood that this was not a full service hotel and we never expected that type of service. BUT water and electricity are very important. He indicated he did not receive any of our previous calls. We have three cell phones with three different carriers and never had issues in Italy or anywhere else in Europe. The proprietor indicated that he runs the villa from ENGLAND. During our conversation he provides the same lame excuses a multitude of times and continued to try and defend and undefendable position . I was frankly not happy with him. He did offer to pay us for lack of the pool after I requested but at this time WE HAVE NOT RECEIVED A PARTIAL REFUND!!
As this is being run from England it is incumbent that communication should be readily available. There are easy remedies to this. Providing outdated, vague, incomplete information is not acceptable. You expect water and electricity and timely responses to any problem. Out of a five day stay we wasted a day fixing problems!!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
10 Aug 2016
Dear Guest. Thank you for your review. I am really sorry that you did not enjoy your stay in Collinella 14 and am disappointed that you have chosen to write about your experience in this way without giving me the opportunity to deal with your issues directly (which I have attempted to do on several occasions). The issue with the swimming pool was the result of damage to the pool liner and was unforseen. I wrote to you about this (at the e-mail address that we had used for all other communications) on the same day that I was notified of the pool being damaged and several days before the end of your holiday. In that e-mail I apologised for the temporary loss of the pool and offered the use of another swimming pool close by. I received no other communication from you until three days later when you telephoned me to tell me about the electricity supply being off. I wasn't able to answer your call but immediately tried to call you back several times and actually spoke to you less than two hours after you called me. I also e-mailed you to inform you that I was trying to call you. When I did speak to you you claimed that you had tried to call me the previous day and had e-mailed me. I received no e-mails from you or any missed calls/voicemails other than on the day we spoke. During our telephone conversation I tried to explain that I had received no contact from you but had written to you about the swimming pool. Losing water and electricity is highly unusual so I needed to try and understand what had happened. However you were abusive towards me and terminated the telephone call. The last thing I want is an unhappy guest so I tried to re-contact you by phone and e-mail but you did did not respond. I re-sent the original e-mail about the pool closure to you and offered you compensation. Your reply was that 'you were busy with work and not to contact you'. I followed this up with a further e-mail asking that we try and resolve the issues raised but we have had no communication since then. You state that you have not received a partial refund - I have offered this by e-mail but you have failed to communicate with me so, regretfully, I have been unable to resolve that issue. Customer satisfaction is my top priority so I am extremely disappointed to receive this review (all of my other properties receive complimentary reviews about the service I provide). I hope that readers of the review will take account of the other reviews of this property and draw their own conclusions.
Should you wish to re-establish contact with me I will be pleased to try and resolve the issues you have raised.
Claire M
“Excellent holiday villa”
Reviewed 14 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We have recently returned from an excellent stay at Collinella 14 stunning scenery, amazing location and wonderful relaxing holiday. Perfect for relaxing but also central for visiting sienna, Pisa and much more. Steve has been amazing from first contact and even when we returned home, helping us plan our routes through Italy from Venice down to Tuscany. The surroundings are breath taking and although the pool is shared we had it almost to ourselves most of the time. I could not recommend this holiday villa enough to anyone wanting to visit Tuscany. We are already thinking of returning next year, we have spent many holidays in villas across the world and this is the first time we have wanted to go back to the same place again, thank you Steve for all you help and recommendations. First class

Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
18 Jul 2016
Thank you for your lovely review of your stay at Collinella 14. I am so pleased to hear that you had a relaxing holiday and enjoyed the lovely pool area. I am very grateful for your compliments about the support I provided to you. I make every effort to provide a first class service to my guests, before, during and after their stay. Your comparisons with other villa holidays is good to hear - and that you are considering returning, you will be most welcome.
Warm wishes
LYLE K. R
“Stunning scenery of the peaceful Tuscan countryside”
Reviewed 10 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

My wife and I traveled with another couple and stayed here for 5 nights at the end of June. Initial and subsequent contact with Steve P was efficient an timely; he never delayed in his response and provided outstanding (and accurate) information about the property. Written directions to the proper were spot-on. The space was perfect for two couples and the views and peaceful setting was just what we wanted to experience in this part of Italy. It was centrally located to the areas we wanted to explore during the day and a perfect respite to share wine and snacks while watching breathtaking sunsets. Wireless internet worked perfect. We will definitely book again when we return to this part of Italy!

Liked best: Location & view
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway
18 Jul 2016
Thank you for your fabulous review of your stay at Collinella 14. It sounds as though you had an amazing time. Thank you also for the compliments about the service I provide. I place customer service as my highest priority - I want everything to exceed your expectations so respond to enquiries as quickly as possible to avoid any anxiety on the part of my guests. Its good to hear that you would come back - you will be very welcome!
Steve
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing