“Cantucci va Bene!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 December 2013

After a long trip by car we arrived in San G and we arrived HUNGRY. The waiter provided excellent wine recommendations...both red and white. The zuppa hit the spot for a winter's night. Cheese, honey, and marmalade plate was spot on. Then there was the cantucci and Vin Santo. Tutto bene was the world. Breakfast? I hope so.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We came here both of our nights in San Gimi after having enormous lunches and just needing snacks for dinner. This restaurant is excellent for the purpose. We only had snacks, so I cannot comment on the larger dining menu, though it didn't inspire us as much as the smaller plates did.

I advise getting there on the early side and spending several hours lingering over wine and sharing plates. We ordered a lot of bruschetta and honey/cheese toast - both exceptionally good. Also had cheese and cured meat platters which were lovely. The wine list is excellent.

Service is good. The man serving us was a bit reserved, but once you get him going, he is lovely and up for a laugh. All in all, two lovely evenings in a row.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We had a great experience at your restaurant Elenor was great. The food was terrific we really enjoyed the wine and the great dessert. Elanor and her daughter Laura were great hosts.l The atmosphere was what I expected for a restaurant in Italy. One of the few that played Italian music.
the olive oil was the best we had in San Gimignano we would love to connect with you and someday go back to visit you and your restaurant

Reviewed 23 September 2013

This was my second time here (first time 2001). I noted it so I would try it when I came back. I was less impressed with the food this time and the service was distant. We were initially told to sit upstairs, but the place was empty and HOT so we asked to be relocated downstairs. We had a party of 5 and spent a lot of money so the service got a little better. The food was good and while the soups were too hot for the weather (very edible but uncomfortable) we were satisfied.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

This is a very small restaurant but the food is delicious. Booking is essential as it gets very busy. we ate in the gallery area which gives you a lovely view over the preparation are area. The staff are very friendly and delightful. well worth a visit.