“In one word...Superb!”

Osteria Enoteca Sotto Le Fonti
Ranked #14 of 521 Restaurants in Siena
Price range: US$21 - US$56
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“In one word...Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

It was our first trip to Siena and following a recommendation of 2 friends who recently visited the city, we decided to have a meal at this restaurant.

As soon as we walked in, Britta welcomed us with a big smile even though we did not know her then...I suppose it was just her personality. The food that we had was tremendous, I am a big meat eater but my girlfriend is vegetarian and we both were extremely satisfied with the quality of the food, it was very tasty with some of the ingriendients from their own garden (tomatos) and the recommended wine (Brunello Montalcino) by Britta was excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed our night as Britta explained about the different wines in the region. I suppose that is what makes this restaurant different, it is a great family environment and Britta does engage very well with all the customers, going the extra mile!

I would really recommend people to visit this restaurant when they visit Siena...as mentioned on the title, it was just superb!

• Visited September 2012
VolpiinToscana, Proprietario at Osteria Enoteca Sotto Le Fonti, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
Dear Danil!

What to say? Your review made me smile all day long! Thank you so much! Hope to see you again, all the best for your future together in Dubai or London! BIG Bacio, Britta

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Seoul
“One of the Best Steaks I Have Had - Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

Four of us, plus a baby, visited the restaurant in August, 2012.
For a starter, we had the bruschetta, which was very good and the truffle quiche which was utterly amazing. I think the main mistake was that we didn't order more of it.
I had the steak in a Chianti sauce which was just amazing. If I could have this meal once a week for the rest of my life, I would die happy (and fat... and from too much meat). It was that good. A friend had pasta which she didn't really enjoy until she added some of the spices to it. My wife had the lamb and she said that she didn't enjoy it as much as other lamb dishes, but we understood that it was prepared in a traditional Tuscan way and not the same as our usual tastes. My other friend was very satisfied with his meal.
The tiramisu is as good as other people have said - it is huge and just unreal!
I would add that I saw a group of young Italian backpackers order and destroy a large slab of steak. We couldn't order that as it was only I who ordered it and it has to be sold as a larger unit, which is typical. It did look amazing. The look of obscene bliss on one of the young men's faces as he chewed a bone like a dog would be enough for me to recommend this restaurant.
Also - amazing wine.
The female server who I believe is the co-owner was very friendly, and spoke perfect English. She was great and explained all the dishes and wines to us before we ordered - she knew her product very well.

Burlington, Canada
“Wow. Don't miss this restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

I got there early and waited across the street. My wait was worth it! The pecorino wrapped w prosciutto and served with onion jam Fabulous! The pasta with arugula pesto and zucchini wonderful! I wish that I had gone there again tonight. I don't eat desserts but the Fig Cake will be a recipe I will need to search down! It was Devine! The glass of house wine was terrific.

• Visited September 2012
VolpiinToscana, Proprietario at Osteria Enoteca Sotto Le Fonti, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Dear!

I am so glad that you enjoyed your dinner! Hope to see you back in Siena again, all the best, Britta and kids!
Stuttgart, Germany
“Hingehen! Don't miss!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

During our short stay in Siena we went to Britta and Roberto twice since we found no better value for our money: Delicious food, excellent hosts.

P.S.: Very easy to find and parking is no problem.

London, United Kingdom
“An enjoyable evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

Our first evening in Siena was awful as we made the universal mistake of eating at the first restaurant we enountered. The following day, we made enquiries with the Hotel manager who strongly encouranged us to dine at Sotto le Fonti. The restaurant is slightly outside the centre of Town, but it is truly worth the visit. We were thrilled with the authentic experience and quality of food.

Britta, who owns this restaurant with her husband, Roberto (the Chef) is completely charming and gives the impression that nothing is too much trouble. We arrived rather late in the evening and were the only people in the restaurant towards the end of the evning. The Bruschetta came with crusty bread and incrediblly fresh tomatoes, by the far the best we had in Italy. The pear ravioli is utterly delicious, interesting and highly recommended.

Not only is Britta a wonderful host, the food is terrific and it's not an expensive evening out. Furthermore, when you enjoy the evening as much as we did, you don't mind paying.

Thank you for a terrific evening - one we still talk about and have shared with many friends. We will return.

1 Thank TBaker_81