“The best place in Siena for a meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Osteria del Gatto

Osteria del Gatto
Ranked #29 of 523 Restaurants in Siena
Price range: US$21 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Mississauga, Canada
“The best place in Siena for a meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

This was the best meal we have had in Siena!! The meal was fantastic! The menu changes daily so if you go on the day they have coniglio (rabbit) I highly recommend that. Elena was hands down the best waitress in town! Thank you for having the local singing group sing for me, it made this the best birthday celebration ever!

So if you are in Siena make a reservation for dinner here, you will not be disappointed!!

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Sydney, Australia
“the real thing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

I had this small restaurant recommended by a tour bus driver, so i was a bit sceptical, but sought it out anyway. Very glad I did! Very interesting selection of local food - I just asked them to give me things I wouldn't know to order myself. Do that, unless you know more about Siena traditional food than I do.....you won't be disappointed. Also pop in for a beer at the local bar about 100 metres down the road, on the opposite side. Feel like a real local for a while.

• Visited July 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
“What fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

This is a neighborhood place that caters to the local population. (Cars of people would stop and chat with the patrons eating.). Food was excellent-- a chef from another restaurant was also eating there. If you want to see a local place "where everyone knows your name" feel this a good place to go. It isn't touristy and off the beaten tourist path in Siena. My only issue is the number smokers--but that is everywhere in Italy!

• Visited June 2013
Eugene, Oregon
“Easy to Miss”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

I had passed this restaurant t several times in my first 2 weeks without noticing this tiny place. On a local's recommendation I went. After eating there twice I strongly recommend it. It is small so I suggest making a reservation, especially for dinner. The food was good, as was the service. The menu wasn't translated but the waiter was able to describe each item. I will go there again before my month in Siena is over.

Visited May 2013
Waverly, Pennsylvania
“Small Tuscan Delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

Delicious cheese and pepper Pici pasta and house wine. Contorno, or side dishes , were served after the main dish. Great service, off the beaten path.

• Visited April 2013