“Home sweet home!”

La Casa di Antonella
Ranked #46 of 125 Siena B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Fabrizio was amazing. Directions, places to eat, bus routes, and breakfast, wow! The view from the bed room was quite charming. The location of this place couldn't get any better but it was a little tricky to find as we couldn't clearly read the name on the bell. The only downfalls I can possible find is that you have to have an idea of when your checking in which is slightly difficult when your traveling is hard to plan things down to the hour for you are figuring out everything as you go. But you can't go wrong with booking you stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 29 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at La Casa di Antonella for two nights the week after Palio. The B&B was fully booked, but we were given the room #1, the one with the balcony, and we really enjoyed our stay. As others have said, the street noise can be loud, but that's really nothing to complain about! Breakfast was more than we expected, although if you get the room with the balcony, it seems that it is expected that you will eat there (which was fine for us). Our only issues occurred with getting a bathroom on our second morning. There are two bathrooms for 5 rooms, and because of this, we didn't shower first thing in the morning (because everyone needs to use the toilet when they wake up, right?), but apparently, not everyone is the same since both showers were being continously used from 7:30-8:30. Both my husband and I ended up lining up to pee! That being said, the bathrooms and rooms are very clean, and Fabrizio is a friendly and helpful host.

Room Tip: If you can get room #1 with the balcony, get it!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lives4Travel77
Reviewed 20 July 2013

La Casa Di Antonella is the perfect place to stay in Siena. I don't believe there is a better location in the city. It is tricky to find, especially for a visiting Americana, but taxi will get you there in minutes from the train station. The first thing you notice upon entering is that the whole B&B is immaculate, and Fabrizio the host cares about maintaining it that way. My daughter and I felt very welcome immediately as Fabrizio showed us the facilities. While the bathrooms are shared, that never seemed like an issue, there was always one available (and clean). The beds were comfortable, great bedding, and as another reviewer pointed out, the ceiling fan was worth its weight in gold during the summer heat wave. The ceilings have lovely frescos which enhances the feeling that you too are a lucky resident in the Oca (Goose) Contrade of Siena. Fabrizio will fill you in on the lore of the neighborhoods, and the Palio of Siena if you ask him, and his recommendations for dinner and activities were outstanding. I would love to go back tomorrow, La Casa Di Antonella is fantastic!

Room Tip: I needed a room with 2 twin beds, but I understand some of the views are great (look out of the kitc...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

I loved it here! Tricky to find from train/bus station but worth it! I met nice ppl, the owner was very friendly&helpful.Call ahead w/ETA! I had a fabulous ceiling fan n my room!! A priceless commodity!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I stayed at La Casa di Antonella for a week and was very pleased with my stay. It is in a great location, you can walk to everything very easily. Fabrizio, the owner, is very kind and helpful, with many good suggestions for restaurants, etc. He also helped me figure out the bus schedules so I could make day trips to visit several Tuscan hill towns. The rooms and bathrooms were spotlessly clean and there was a very good WIFI connection, which I really appreciated as I found that was not the case in many of the other places I stayed in Italy. Fabrizio makes a very good breakfast every morning with lots of options, even eggs!

There are indeed a lot of stairs but I just view that as a good way to work off the calories from all the pasta and gelato! I advise bringing earplugs as there is a lot of street noise at night - just the reality of being centrally located. All in all, this B&B is a very good value and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We had a good experiece at this B&B and would come back again. As indicated in the title, it was a good value--about 75 Euros--half the price of our B&B in Rome and less than the daily rate for our flat in Cinque Terre. We were in a room with TV, Wi-fi, a really charming view of the street outside and a newly discovered mural on the ceiling. We're both in our 60's, but didn't find the "bathroom down the hall" inconvenient. The breakfast offered lots of options: omelet, meat, yoghurt, cereal, pastries, juice, coffee, etc and was served at a large communal table. Nice to meet the other residents from many parts of the world. Fabrizio seemed a little reserved at first, but was warm and helpful as we got to know each other.He gave us lots of good suggestions for restaurants, transportation logistics, etc. The B&B is very well located--perhaps a 10 minute walk to il Campo and less than that to the Siena Duomo.

Regarding the noise outside--of course that is not the fault of the B&B at all, but it is something to be noted: Siena is VERY lively at night, with "night" being defined as "anytime up until about 2AM." There was a bar on the street below us playing oldies intermittently until after midnight one night, noise from some kind of outdoor talent show going on at a church less than a block away until after 10PM. If you close the window tightly and you're a sound sleeper at home, this may not bother you at all, and other well-located B&B's would have the same problem, but just be aware. Back to La Casa di Antonella itself: highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2012

This B&B is perfectly located, the owner is nice, and the place (looks like a converted flat) has a lot of charm, including a fresco ! And very good value with that, if you don't mind the (well appointed) shared bathrooms
Don't try to get there by car and be warned of the stairs. The breakfast could be less industrial, but it's not too bad for Italy (if possible aim for the nearest caffè instead, Siena doesn't lack of nice things to eat..)
All in all a very good stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple