“Authentic Siena Lunch and Amazing Wine”

La Compagnia dei Vinattieri
Ranked #28 of 530 Restaurants in Siena
Price range: US$27 - US$61
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Ristorante enoteca nel centro di Siena
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
“Authentic Siena Lunch and Amazing Wine”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I came here at the recommendation of Costanza of Siena Walking Tours. She recommended a local Sienese dish which was basically a pork ravioli with pesto. I also added a plate of local cheeses, Assaggi Di Pecorino Toscano, and a glass of Chianti Classico. The food was delicious and while servings were not huge, I was completely full. A highlight was the underground wine cellar which our waitress graciously allowed us to visit. It contained hundreds of bottles of wine from throughout the region. I would definitely go back to this restaurant.

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Austin, Texas
“Our favorite resitorante in Siena!”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The staff is incredibly welcoming and we had a wonderful dining experience! We walked in without a reservation and the staff accommodated us as best they could. Because we loved the romantic feel of the restaurant we decided to make a reservation and come back the following night for my husband's birthday. The wine and food delicious and the service exceptional. Thank you for making my husband's birthday so memorable!

• Visited October 2013
Allen, TX
“Great for wine lovers”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Dined in July 2013. We had a reservation at 8:00 but found ourselves hunger earlier. We arrived at the restaurant around 7:30, and they were just opening but were happy to accomodate us. From the moment we sat down, we were treated like family. From the opening glass of Prosecco to the delicious dessert, we had a fantastic time. The restaurant is charming, the service is great, and the filet is one of the best cuts of beef I had on our trip. I highly recommend a visit if you are in Siena.

• Visited July 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Lovely ambiance, good food and great wine list”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our romantic dinner here. The ambiance of the restaurant is really very nice. We were welcomed graciously and it felt festive when the Prosecco and chef's amuse bouche arrived. The pasta was excellent. My husband adored his duck entree but mine beef was too salty. When I mentioned this to the waitress at the end of the evening she was extremely polite, thanked me for mentioning it to her and said she would relay the message to the chef. Also the owner passed by our table asking us how we enjoyed our meal and we appreciated his personal interest. The wine list is fabulous...(this is an enoteca). (I would recommend they put some work into improving their website....the English is not correct and therefore doesn't make sense and there is no menu.)

• Visited May 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Meal”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We did the tasting menu which included; Presecco, appetizers (3/person), two first courses (pastas), a main beef course, and dessert medley (3 items).

The charge was €40 without three wines and €50 with three wines. We did the wine option
They kept coming back to refill our wine glasses. One got Prosecco with either selection.

You had the option of selecting any of the first and second course items..we let the chef pick and were quite pleased.

Great service and excellent/extensive wine selection.

There was a €5 service charge added....our bill was €100.

• Visited September 2013