“Lovely setting, fabulous innovative food, incredible wine” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Compagnia dei Vinattieri
Ranked #23 of 516 Restaurants in Siena
Price range: US$27 - US$61
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ristorante enoteca nel centro di Siena
Cleveland, Oh
“Lovely setting, fabulous innovative food, incredible wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Cozy and warm setting, great stuff, central location, reasonable price. But it is the wine list and the food that makes this restaurants a gem. The food is an innovative rendering of mostly Tuscan food and a few other parts of Italy. There are superb appetizers and half a dozen pastas and a similar number of main dishes. There are also several courses menu which we didn't try. Everything we had was accurately prepared and superbly presented. The wine list is truly outstanding with hundreds offering of Chianti, Brunello, Vino Nobile, SuperToscana and Sagrantino. The staff is knowledgeable, professional and eager to please. A superb restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank marcopolo111

Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
“Authentic Siena Lunch and Amazing Wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

I came here at the recommendation of Costanza of Siena Walking Tours. She recommended a local Sienese dish which was basically a pork ravioli with pesto. I also added a plate of local cheeses, Assaggi Di Pecorino Toscano, and a glass of Chianti Classico. The food was delicious and while servings were not huge, I was completely full. A highlight was the underground wine cellar which our waitress graciously allowed us to visit. It contained hundreds of bottles of wine from throughout the region. I would definitely go back to this restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
Austin, Texas
“Our favorite resitorante in Siena!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

The staff is incredibly welcoming and we had a wonderful dining experience! We walked in without a reservation and the staff accommodated us as best they could. Because we loved the romantic feel of the restaurant we decided to make a reservation and come back the following night for my husband's birthday. The wine and food delicious and the service exceptional. Thank you for making my husband's birthday so memorable!

• Visited October 2013
Allen, TX
“Great for wine lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Dined in July 2013. We had a reservation at 8:00 but found ourselves hunger earlier. We arrived at the restaurant around 7:30, and they were just opening but were happy to accomodate us. From the moment we sat down, we were treated like family. From the opening glass of Prosecco to the delicious dessert, we had a fantastic time. The restaurant is charming, the service is great, and the filet is one of the best cuts of beef I had on our trip. I highly recommend a visit if you are in Siena.

• Visited July 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Lovely ambiance, good food and great wine list”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our romantic dinner here. The ambiance of the restaurant is really very nice. We were welcomed graciously and it felt festive when the Prosecco and chef's amuse bouche arrived. The pasta was excellent. My husband adored his duck entree but mine beef was too salty. When I mentioned this to the waitress at the end of the evening she was extremely polite, thanked me for mentioning it to her and said she would relay the message to the chef. Also the owner passed by our table asking us how we enjoyed our meal and we appreciated his personal interest. The wine list is fabulous...(this is an enoteca). (I would recommend they put some work into improving their website....the English is not correct and therefore doesn't make sense and there is no menu.)

• Visited May 2013