“A little gem in Siena”
Review of HOSTARIA IL RIALTO

HOSTARIA IL RIALTO
Reserve with
HOSTARIA IL RIALTO is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 536 Restaurants in Siena
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This is a classic Italian restaurant. Just a short distance away from the main tourist drag, cosy and intimate, friendly and attentive service, a smallish menu containing typical local dishes, and very reasonable prices. Three courses including house wine (quite reasonable) and coffee for around 30 Euros. Will definitely return here on my next visit to Siena. (NB: They are closed on Mondays.)

1  Thank The_Made_Guy
There are newer reviews for HOSTARIA IL RIALTO

Reviewed 5 January 2014

This was hands down our favorite meal of our 10 day trip to Italy and it wasn't even close. It's currently January 2014. We visited in October 2013 and are still talking about the meal. We happened onto this restaurant by accident when the initial restaurant we wanted to go to was not open yet. We were the first ones in the restaurant before other people came.

For our first course, I ordered mezza luna in a duck ragu. It was phenomenal. My husband ordered the pappardelle with a wild boar sauce.He had ordered that a few times while we were in Italy and said it was by far the best. For our second course, we both ordered the veal in a chianti sauce. It just melted in my mouth. I had to restrain from closing my eyes and saying Yum after every bite, really.

The service was wonderful and the chef came out after we were served every meal to ask us if we liked it. She was delightful. My only regret was that we were too full for dessert. If I ever return to Siena, we will definitely be returning.

1  Thank LFYanks
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Just off the shell of the great cathedral is this tiny place with great food, reasonable prices and good Chianti. Ciao bello!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Enjoyed a wonderful dinner our first night in Siena, you need to get here on the early side (it opens at 7:15 pm) since the restaurant is very local and small which made it all the more appealing to us. I had pici (fat spaghetti) and white beans in olive oil with a local red wine, delicious!! Our dinner with wine and beer for 3 adults-71 euros.

2  Thank DianePotenta
Reviewed 16 September 2013

On a Sunday night a number of restaurants close and plans can go astray. What luck to find one open in an out-of-the-way street after getting slightly lost after dark. And an excellent find too, with one table for two left when we walked in. This warm, friendly, family run restaurant serves good, hearty food at very reasonable prices. We shared an appetiser(bruschetta) which was scrumtious. For our mains we chose pork with plums and osso bucco with a side of grilled vegetables, all washed down with some house red. The portions were generous and more than enough to satisfy our appetites. The waitress provided excellent service, allowing me to give the order in my almost non-existent Italian before asking about the wine in her own excellent English. Highly recommended for a great night with delicious food.