“Great Info and Great People”

Tuscan Wine School - Siena
Book In Advance
More Info
US$54.54*
and up
2-hour Tuscan Wine Tasting Workshop in Siena
More attraction details
Owner description: Become an Tuscan Food & Wine Lover in less than 2 hrs! Join one of the daily food tours or wine tasting sessions with a professional sommelier and taste the typical foods of Siena & wines from all over Tuscany & learn loads of helpful details. The classes are fun and informative at the same time, are in English and run daily (except Sundays).
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I visited the Tuscan Wine School in July of 2013 while on a business/pleasure vacation in Italy. I read about it in good ol' Rick Steve's guide book and wanted to see what it was all about. I hadn't really planned on doing a class, but when we walked through the door, we were warmly welcomed and invited to join the "Crash Course" class starting in 20 minutes. Since it was inexpensive and fit our schedule, we stopped in.

The course was wonderful! I'm quite a wino (and come from Washington Wine Country), so I knew a lot of the basics that this class covered. But I learned some more in depth details about the wine making process and I learned how wines are rated/labeled in Italy. This info has come in handy back in the states because I know when I see "DOG" or "DOCG" or "IGT" that I'm getting a real Italian wine. I highly recommend visiting these guys!

The only reason I give these guys 4 stars instead of 5 is that I think they could offer a wider variety of wine prices. Having spent about a month in Italy before visiting the school, I has first hand experience with super inexpensive and super delicious Tuscan wine. Most of the bottles available for purchase were quite pricey comparatively. However, you can be 100% certain every bottle in there is a wonderful wine. Please visit these guys and keep them going. They're great!

There are newer reviews for Tuscan Wine School - Siena

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I enjoyed myself thoroughly- but I am a lover of wine. The place was quaint, and located in one of my favorite Italian cities- Siena. The lady who did our class was originally from NY but had lived in Italy for over a decade- her blend of both cultures was comforting and helpful. We learned a lot about the differences of Tuscan wine, and about Tuscany's history. We tasted some wonderful wines and cheese and even learned about olive oil. Good way to begin a trip if you love wine!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Our walking tour through some of the gastronomic by-ways of Siena included the opportunity to try wines, meats, cheeses, coffees, and desserts all introduced by a charming and knowledgeable guide. It was a delightful way to spend an afternoon taking in the sights of this remarkable hill town while learning a little bit about its wine and food. We would recommend it to anyone interested in either.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

First off it is delivered and designed by an American so it is easy to understand for other Americans or English speakers. The content was well organized and even includes a section on olive oil. The length was just right (about 2 hours if I remember correctly). A great intro to Tuscan wine at a reasonable cost. And did I mention it was fun!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Siena alone is already a pretty amazing city, but the Savor Siena class made it just that much more memorable. This was my first time in Italy, so it was really fun to learn about the different foods/snacks/wines in Tuscany, and even to learn what things like DOCG and DOP mean! There are different classes you can take based on what you want to learn, and if I had more time I'd take them all.