“Fantastic evening!”

41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fantastic evening!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

One of the highlights of our trip. We spent a delightful evening with Lella, Giulia and Irene learning a few secrets of Italian cooking. This is a hands-on experience where you truly do get to taste the fruits of your labor. Lella spoke in Italian while Irene translated...and I wouldn't have it any other way. It was a great part of the experience. These people love what they do and it translated to us loving our experience.

Visited October 2013

Raynham
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Just Like Nana Josephine's Cucina...”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I love to cook and am Italian as well. My husband booked this class knowing I would be thrilled to be a part of a Tuscan kitchen in the heart of Sienna. We were provided a fabulous interpreter and were instantly welcomed into Lella's kitchen. It was extremely neat and tidy with adorable plaid curtains and sunflowers.
Lella got right into the class, never stopping , but quite attentive to us. We were able to ask as many questions as we wanted and were always given an answer or demonstration. I am also a vegetarian and Lella totally accommodated me. The Tuscan Bread Soup was AMAZING!
We made our own pasta and a variety of other wonderful "comfort foods". We were also given her famous wine and plates full of the food we just createdShe even sent me home with a bag of cookies we had baked...Richiollis(?) they were crazy good!!!
Lella was so sweet ... we fell in love with the entire staff that day. I only wish I could have spent another session with her!
Love you Lella! xox

1 Thank LynneB1966
San Francisco, California
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“a friendly way to learn some great recipes!”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I went to the scuola as part of a large group, and was not especially looking forward to it. I enjoy cooking, but had never taken a class before. Much to my surprise, I loved it! Lelia spoke almost no English, but it didn't matter. She had a charming interpreter, and the two of them were very entertaining. The actually preparing of the food was fun and not at all intimidating, even to the novice cooks in the class. We rolled out our pasta by hand, and it was much easier than many thought it would be. Our meal was delicious, and the classroom/kitchen and dining room were very comfortable. We were given the recipes for the dishes we prepared, so that we could make them at home- a great souvenir from a vacation!

Courtenay, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Highlight of our trip”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Four hours turned into six as we cooked and ate a feast. Lots of fun cooking and learning about traditional Tuscan cooking. I have a new love for bread soup, sounds strange but it is wonderful and Lella adds just a hint of chili to give it a great taste. Making pasta was challenging but fun and I am planning to have a pasta making party for friends when we get home, the sauce was awesome too. Well worth the € 80 as you got a four courses dinner too.

Visited October 2013
Tallinn, Estonia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Professional, interesting, with a humor”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I came to Tuscany to improve my cooking skills, i had a number of cooking classes, but Lella's one was the best. In one evening I got much useful information and a number of new interesting recepies. Stuf is very professional, friendly and open. They have a great sence of humor, I loved it. Becides I met interesting people there and that was fun to make food together and share our culinary exepriences. I would advice this school to people who are seriously interested in cooking or to anybody else who would love to have an unusual useful experience while traveling. Buon appetito!