This hotel is relatively close from the Piazza Il Campo (approx 10 mn walking).
Backing some of the negative comments:
- a woman in her thirties who apparently helps the owner does not seem to have all her intelectual capacities and this is a bit disturbing at first, even at second.
- they do not leave the remote control for the AC in the bedrooms so make sure you ask for it to be left in your bedroom if you check-in late
- bedrooms are really small and it is hard to fit a suitcase (but i guess you can stay in either an expensive hotel or standard Hilton if it is what matters to you)
- the bathrooms are oudated and we were not sure whether they were really clean so we refused to ask one another as we feared the answer would be dirty.
However, we did not notice any smoking smell as suggested in some reviews and the noise was not an issue (we were in the room on the first floor at the back, on a dark and dirty courtyard, but did not mind as we stayed only for one night).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you want to have a stay in Siena, reflecting the ancient traditions of Tuscany, the Hotel Antica Torre is the right choice. This hotel is in fact an old "tower house" of the 16th century located inside the walls to the south-east of Siena a few minutes walk from the famous Piazza del Campo. Its excellent position permits not only a complete visit to all places of historic interest but also most of the posts of the Sienese countryside such as the famous Chianti region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, HostelWorld, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Antica Torre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antica Torre Hotel
- Antica Torre Siena