Let me start by indicating that I reserved a 1200 Euro executive suite somewhat spontaneously because i wanted to show my wife the town of Sienna in the most authentic Florentine manner possible. The actual hotel did not disappoint; the grounds are spectacular and the employees are in themselves good people, no malicious behavior or laziness. The problem is simply that as far as client appreciation goes they are clueless at the Certosa Maggiano.
When we arrived we were pleasantly greeted. We were brought to the suite but it(window and shudders closed) looked like we had been the first guests since the 1960's. Some of the rooms (i.e bathroom) did not have working lights and no effort was made to create a welcoming vibe. We overlooked the matter and spent a pleasant moment in the garden. We were informed well in advance that the hotel is a Michelin starred restaurant and that if we wanted a table for dinner we had to book in advance and so we did. Sadly the dining experience was a complete disappointment, worst still I got food poisoning. Accepting that the bigger problem was the limited menu I found it shockingly disappointing that only one type of food service is provided for guests. In other words if you are not a fan of their "Guide Michelin" cuisine" you will not eat in this hotel period. Not even a dish of pasta. Next day breakfast was supposed to be an exoneration but instead it too was a disappointment. They had no Earl Grey tea or soya milk. Remember this is a Relais Chateaux franchise. To put it into perspective the same thing happen in Capri at the Relais Chateaux and the next day the concierge informed us that the hotel went out and purchased the 5 dollar tea we sought as well as soya milk. This essentially was my biggest frustration. If the TV did not work we were told too bad, If we asked for a later check out time we were told impossible! At no point did we feel as if we were welcomed guests. This is probably the worst mind set a hotel can adapt and suicide for any establishment looking to create a international following. The hotel is a at best a shell of what it used to be and unless you are reserving at an extremely discounted rate easily surpassed by many other hotel establishments in Siena.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Tuscany, 1 Km from Siena immersed in an uncontaminated countryside you find a XIV century Carthusian monastery, La Certosa di Maggiano turned into a Relais et Chateaux Hotel in 1978. An enchanting place, a light and natural luxury masterfully interpreted by the famous architect and interior designer, Renzo Mongiardino. A clear architecture with interiors rich in history dressed with impalpable silks and ornamental paintings & skillfully integrated within the natural and cultural environment. In line with this life born for silence and prayer, la Certosa di Maggiano offers today a set of services and activities aimed to improve your overall state of physical and spiritual wellness. A state of mind so well interpreted by the restaurant "Il Canto" and its Chef Paolo Lopriore, whose cuisine is another multi-sensorial journey which perfectly match our quest for life style, beauty & nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Certosa di Maggiano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Certosa Di Maggiano Hotel Siena
- Certosa Di Maggiano Siena