We visited this hotel with my older relatives who are both in their 70's and need assistance with mobility, we had just finished a brief visit to Siena and after dinner in the city wanted to visit this hotel for an evening coffee and to enquire if there was accommodation available at the hotel to suit older people with disabilities for later in our trip to tuscany. The reception we received on entry to this hotel was extremely rude and unwelcoming. We were advised at the door that we could not have coffee and could only visit the hotel for dinner if we were not guests staying there. Im unsure what the hotels motivations are for this policy or if it had anything to do with traveling with disabled family members. I have never been effectively refused entry to a hotel in my life and have stayed at a number of the relais and chateaux establishments across Europe which welcomes disabled travelers. In the end we did not get past the door and told to come back another day, needless to say that day will never come ! I would encourage this hotel to review its policy and adopt a welcoming atmosphere for any person that visits their hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Tuscany, 1 Km from Siena immersed in an uncontaminated countryside you find a XIV century Carthusian monastery, La Certosa di Maggiano turned into a Relais et Chateaux Hotel in 1978. An enchanting place, a light and natural luxury masterfully interpreted by the famous architect and interior designer, Renzo Mongiardino. A clear architecture with interiors rich in history dressed with impalpable silks and ornamental paintings & skillfully integrated within the natural and cultural environment. In line with this life born for silence and prayer, la Certosa di Maggiano offers today a set of services and activities aimed to improve your overall state of physical and spiritual wellness. A state of mind so well interpreted by the restaurant "Il Canto" and its Chef Paolo Lopriore, whose cuisine is another multi-sensorial journey which perfectly match our quest for life style, beauty & nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Hotel Certosa di Maggiano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Certosa Di Maggiano Hotel Siena
- Certosa Di Maggiano Siena