“Wonderful palazzo in Siena”

Residenza d'Epoca Palazzo Fineschi Sergardi
Ranked #39 of 86 Speciality Lodging in Siena
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful palazzo in Siena”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

This Palazzo in Siena has been nothing but incredible. Our host, Guido Sergardi, was extremely helpful and welcoming from the minute we arrived until the time we departed. The apartment is nothing short of spectacular, from the furniture and style, to the absolutely stunning views from almost every single window. This Palazzo was by no means what I expected when arriving, and I was very pleasantly surprised at how big it is and the beauty of it. I hope to return to this gorgeous vacation apartment in the future, and definitely recommend it to others, whom I'm sure will have just as amazing of a time as my family and I did.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Boston, Virginia
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My friends and I rented this apartment last year while we attended an Italian language school in Siena and had such a wonderful experience that we came back a second time, both to the apartment and to the school (Scuola Saena Iulia). The apartment is huge and beautifully furnished, with living room windows that overlook the Tuscan countryside outside the city walls. It is located in a quiet residential area within an easy 10 minute walk of the center of the city and convenient to several excellent restaurants. If you want to do some cooking of your own, as we did, the kitchen is a well-equipped and comfortable space in which to prepare food. Guido Fineschi Sergardi and his wife Christina keep it well-stocked with breakfast items and coffee, including provision of an espresso maker and milk steamer for making delicious cappuccino that I enjoyed every morning for breakfast. The hospitality, responsiveness and friendliness of Guido and Christina are a major part of what makes this apartment so special. I stayed in the apartment for a week by myself after my friend left and I felt totally at home. if I needed something, Guido responded instantly, but was never intrusive and respected my space and privacy at all times. The single comment posted on this site concerning privacy worries frankly seems absurd and it is disturbing that someone could so completely misunderstand the behavior of a person as well-intentioned and scrupulous as Guido Fineschi Sergardi. I would recommend this apartment to anyone for any length of time; I stayed there for a total of five weeks over two visits and was never less than delighted with the experience.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dianna711
New Orleans, LA
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Let me begin by saying that Dr. Sergardi (or Guido as we came to know him) was helpful from the beginning until the end of our trip. He called us the night before we arrived in order to know exactly when we would get to the palazzo. He guided us through the streets of Siena when our GPS wasn't available, and after getting us to the palazzo, giving us a tour, and making sure we were properly situated, he invited us to dinner in his home at any night of our choice. The views were so beautiful that I teared up. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean. And the ambience of the suite only helped to further the romantic mood that you yearn to experience in Siena. At dinner with Guido, he introduced us to his lovely wife, Christina, and baby daughter, Lavinia. We discussed Italian history, Sienese history, and after he learned of our interest in the Palio, he played a DVD of his contrada's(pantera) most recent victory. To top it all off, Christina made us the best apple pie that I've ever had in my life. After learning that we were Christian, he invited us to a prayer service at the Duomo the night before Good Friday. Guido also helped us with advice for our stay in Tuscany, and he booked cabs to bring us back to the train station at the end of our stay. The palazzo was located in the city center, so we had only to walk wherever we wanted to go in Siena. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Palazzo Fineschi Sergardi, and my wife and I can't wait to return! Great place to stay with your family or friends!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I never felt so unsafe and disrespected in life !!!! Although I had payed the entire month I moved to another Hotel- The Garden. Because I did NOT feel safe to be alone in the apartment.
The landlord enters in the apartment whenever he wants, even if the doors are closed and locked from the inside. One can be sleeping or in the bathroom and can not answer the door But the Landlord can not wait and enters anyways because he is the Owner , as he says.... that happened more than one time.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Sue303506
guidodasiena, Gestore della Struttura at Residenza d'Epoca Palazzo Fineschi Sergardi, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
My first intention was to answer with a short british expression like, “No Comment”, but I’m not british.

The person writing, “Sue303506” and her husband, have been my clients since a long time, since Jan. 2007, before as renters of the private apartment and later, since September 2010, when the apartment has been transformed in a “Residenza d’Epoca” (not a hotel, but something similar, with similar regulations), as formal guests of the same Residenza. They’ve always expressed their satisfaction for the apartment/Residenza and for my conduct and to say the truth after such a long time, after many dinners, tea-times together, I considered them as friends.

The point is that they thought to be always renters of a private apartment, even if, since September 2010, I’ve explained them many times, that it wasn’t anymore (this creating some small limitations to Privacy). The Law imposes as an obligation to me, to make cleaning up the Residenza (and anyway check the cleaning), not less than once a week. At the moment I offer it once every 4 days, but for a special rate agreement with these guests, for very long periods, it was once a week and, by agreement with them (provable), a specified day in the week, at a certain time.

Well, these are the legal, agreed, authorized reasons for which I came in the apartment (all the other times I came in, have been under their personal request), for which once “Sue303506” had an unexpected reaction and for which I’m accused to don’t respect the privacy of my guests and it’s not important if since ever you’ve tried to make them feeling good, ready to help all the ways.

At last consider that “Sue303506”, the past Autumn, wrote an “Excellent” review concerning the Residenza on TripAdvisor, that she’s deleted and replaced with the present “Poor”.
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Friends and I rented this apt. In a quiet residential neighborhood but minutes from the Duomo for two weeks while attending an Italian language school. The on line pictures do not give it justice -it is simply huge, comfortable, tastefully furnished with antiques, and, best of all, it has incredibile views of the countryside. I had trouble falling asleep (or doing my homework!) because I just could not stop looking at the view, listening to the distant church bells. The 15th (16th?) century Palazzo that the apt. Is located in is next to a lovely church (12-13th century) that is the church of the Pantera Contrada. I went to Mass there one Sat. Night and was astonished to see the contrada flags displayed along the sides of the church. The couple who own the Palazzo are charming. We were invited up to their apt. In the Palazzo twice during our stay and had a lovely time. And she made us homemade peach preserves which didn't take us long to finish! Did I mention it has WiFi and a washer/dryer? And w/in minutes of the apt. are 3 restaurants, including one with a garden overlooking the countryside and with a view of the Duomo. We had wonderful meals at these restaurants. Staying here will spoil you and is more like having an authentic Sienese experience than renting an apt.

• Stayed September 2011
Chevy Chase, Maryland
Reviewed 17 October 2011

This is a very special and unique place. While the website gives some idea of its sophistication and elegance, it is even better than that -- in addition to being elegant, it is supremely comfortable. There are three large bedrooms (one a twin), a smaller room (suitable for a child) and a living room with superb views over the walls to the surrounding countryside, a fully equipped kitchen and two bathrooms. The area of Siena (the Pantera contrada) is perfect -- away from the crowds, but ten minutes walk to the Duomo. There are a number of good trattorias in the immediate neighborhood, as well as interesting shops on one of the streets leading to the Duomo. The owner and his lovely family were extremely hospitable and charming. On top of all that, it is very reasonable priced, especially considering the high quality. In fact, the only negative is --we had to leave! I can enthusiastically recommend the palazzo fineschi sergardi to anyone wanting a special experience in Siena, and hope to return again soon.

Room Tip: They're all great!