“Service, cleanliness, and accomodations were super”
Review of Hotel Executive

Hotel Executive
Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Siena
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Service, cleanliness, and accomodations were super”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel as part of a second accommodations as part of a Globus Italian tour following two nights in Venice. This hotel was a very welcome surprise to the age and reserve of the hotel staff in Venice. Room sizes in Italy are small and most hotels have age since the area and population literally are B.C. rather than A.D., which is always something to keep in mind. As a mother travelling with her daughter, I felt very safe and comfortable at this hotel. In every case of hotels when I am travelling alone or with children, I always lock all windows, shut curtains, and put do not disturb in the door (and leave it there), but that's my own over-cautious steps. I did not feel uncomfortable at all and allowed my daughter to walk to the front desk alone.

I was pleased with our room. We had a minor problem and called the desk and IMMEDIATELY the hotel manager came to our room despite having a small staff on-hand and my stating it was no emergency and could wait ... she had maintenance come in within minutes and problem was rectified. Then, the staffer would not even accept a tip.

The rooms were clean, beds comfortable, and bathrooms sufficient. Our WIFI was included with out tour and we had good reception. We had a great shower with tub, though heard from other tour-mates that they only had showers. Our tour had breakfast in a small dining room. Like most Italian breakfasts, it is not what Americans are used to for a breakfast buffet. However, it was adequate, though consists of a variety of pastries, unsweetened cereal, yogurt, runny yellow eggs, and lightly cooked (soft) bacon. This remained the case throughout the country -- the hotels try, but it's not what they eat and cook in their culture. The peach yogurt was delicious and the croissants wonderful.

We had our tour bus and driver with dinner and excursions handled for us. Hence, we did not have to use transportation or walk so I cannot share proximity to other sites. I recall a small park, courtyard, and bus stop across the street.

If I came to Siena again, I would definitely consider this hotel. The service alone beats what I have experienced in a while.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I select this hotel mostly because it has a free parking and easy to find by car. However you should understand that the hotel is 3.5 km away from city centre. But this distance wasn’t a problem for us: instead of waiting the bus we stroll to the centre on foot, it takes around 20 minutes.

The hotel is clean and simple with basic spacey rooms. Staff girl was extremely useful and friendly—I wish other 5 star hotels had similar guest attitude! I asked for ice, pillows—all my requests were arranged fast by reception girl. The breakfast next morning was very basic without hot dishes. But what do you want at Italy? Take cappuccino with sweet roll and enjoy!

The hotel is a great 1-night stopover for car traveler.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Usenko
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The building and the staff was really nice and cozy. I really enjoyed the stay there for 4 days. The rooms are clean and we did not found anything wrong or strange. Nothing bad to say about it. The location is also very beautiful.

I recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
germany
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Wir hatten eine ganz tolle Zeit!
- We enjoyed the hotel very much!

The host is a very nice person and the team was great.
The food was good, too.
As we knew also parts of the family we felt very much at home!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stellaGermany
Adriano A, Responsabile reception at Hotel Executive, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dearest,
thanking you for your kind feel back. All the best
Cholargos, Greece
Reviewed 20 November 2013

A very nice hotel, with breakfast of good quality & rich variety. But the most important were the imagination and the willingness of the personnel to assist us at any request or problem we might had. They made us a wonderful surprise, because It was our honey moon and they decorated our room accordingly without letting us know.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andreas-Vasso
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I had the opportunity to stay in 2 different hotels in Siena because our trip had to be broken up in the middle (we had to go to the other hill towns for our hot air balloon reservation). We stayed 1 night at MAX Hotel, and the other 2 nights we stayed in San Marco Hotel. Both are equally rated and because I was torn on where to stay, I thought I'd stay in both places so I can compare and tell you which I like best... which is hard. This review will also be posted for San Marco Hotel.

I'd say that Max Hotel is good, and San Marco is ok.

Both are modern. Rooms and beds are great at both places. Bathrooms, however, were OK, but I'd say Max Hotel was better. I recommend bringing/wearing shower slippers as the showers are a little grimey. The shower at San Marco leaked badly and the tiles were icky.

I was greeted at Max Hotel by a friendly girl who gave me a map, offered suggestions on where to eat, where to park for free to get into Siena, etc. Overall, she was very helpful. I had to wait about 10 min before someone finally greeted me at San Marco. It was very frustrating. Finally, we were greeted by a grumpy lady with curly hair. Wasn't helpful at all, didn't even offer a map or anything. Definitely a different experience than at Max Hotel.

Both breakfasts are good... San Marco offers more variety in tarts/pies, and juices.

Location... I thought San Marco was better located off the freeway and next to multiple gas stations. Both hotels take time to get into the Siena city center.

Anyway, as you can see, both are good/bad in different ways so its hard to say where I would recommend that you stay. If someone held a gun to my head and forced me to choose, I would go with Max Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
St. Anton am Arlberg, Austria
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Very nice, modern and clean hotel, just 5 minutes away to the center of Siena by car. Taxi from the hotel to the center of Siena one way costs 12 evro. Hotel is a modernly equipped, very clean, and it has very good breakfast. Rates are in 2013 July 109 euro pro night for 3 person(two adults and children). Room are nice and big and very clean.The room has a fridge.
In room there is only one charger for power, you have no where to charge the iphone, ipad and macbook at the same time.The negative side of the hotel is bathroom . You can not use a normal toilet. WC / toilet you can not use normal because there is not enough space for leg (see photo). Hotel has its own parking space . Internet works well in the room too.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends