“Breathtaking- unforgettable!”

US$35.92*
Skip the Line: Siena Duomo and City Walking Tour
Ranked #2 of 153 things to do in Siena
More attraction details
Owner description: The magnificent complex of the Cathedral of Siena, its Duomo, houses a series of some of the most important monuments of the European artistic panorama. With its more than one million visitors every year, the Cathedral without a doubt represents the fulcrum of the entire complex, while other significant elements include the Crypt, the Baptistery and the Museo dell'Opera, all part of the impressive mass formed by the "Duomo Vecchio" (Old Cathedral), and the "Duomo Nuovo" (New Cathedral). Visitors will travel along a memorable itinerary to the discovery of self and the truth of faith through culture and art, the result of more than a millennium of Western history.
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I don't have room here to say all that I loved about this place- no words can do this cathedral justice. The best I can do is to say that though I am not religious, I truly understood "For the Love of God" while inside this magnificent tribute. I had to visit more than once- get a pass ahead of time, I believe it was a kind of passbook, to avoid the lines. We didn't do any sort of headphone tour- the stunningly beautiful array of every single millimeter of surface being adored, so carefully and artfully crafted with such love- no wonder this masterpiece took centuries to complete. This place moved me to tears. I purchased a photo book, but no photo can encompass and begin to reveal the feelings this place evoked in me. Do NOT miss it.

1  Thank Epiphany1953

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Really enjoyed visiting this beautiful cathedral in Siena. Cost for the cathedral is 4 euros and it was well worth it. The exterior is breathtaking as is the interior. Well illustrated once inside, and used my guidebook to get details of what I was seeing. Beautiful city!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

If visiting Siena, a tour of the Duomo is an absolute must. It is spectacular from the outside and totally awe-inspiring within. A ticket for 12 ceoros enables you to see the Cathedral, plus its crypt and baptistry and it is well worth doing all of these things. The marble and mosaic floors and huge pillars are truly wonderful as is the gigantic pulpit. One can spend ages admiring the artwork and stained glass windows and inspiring ceilings, The whole building has a tremendous atmosphere of peace and beauty even when many tourists are wandering around it. It is a true gem and one of the finest Cathedrals we have ever seen.

1  Thank profjoypc
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We visited as part of our walking tour (see separate review) and this was the best cathedral we saw in Italy. Gorgeous artwork, incredible mosaic floors and a library that has to be seen to be believed. Only wish we would of had more time to explore, we had to leave as an evening mass was starting.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is a must see in the unique village of Siena. It is absolutely beautiful. If you have time buy the combo ticket and see all the sights. It is one of the highlights of our trip to Tuscany and one of the most beautiful cathedrals I've seen.