“Wonderfull B&B!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Casa di Alfredo
Ranked #59 of 118 Siena B&B and Inns
“Wonderfull B&B!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

After the first night in Casa di Alfredo we decided to stay a second night in Siena.
Nice location and view, just outside the city-center. Large, clean and cold rooms. (in summer)
Alfredo and his brother were really kind and helpful and gave us some great advices for restaurants and sideseeings.
Big Italian breakfast in the morning. Free parking spots near the b&b. Small but clean (!) bathrooms.
We would recommend this B&B and hope to come back!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank NielsLiset

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Cassino, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I was here on a sudden short trip to Siena. The disability of the person who is in charge of the phone and email (the old woman) caused some misunderstanding and made me come without a room to stay. Luckily, with the helpful help and better English ability of the son (receptionist at the hostel), I was able to stay in another nearby hostel with the same price.

However, they asked for 5 euros more for the Siena tax, which I find kinda strange as there is no document mentioning that tax. Yet, I was too tired after waiting 1 hour (said by the owner:" I will be there in 10 minutes!") so I just paid all. The stay was really good as the room was nice and clean. But after that when I got home, I discovered that they charged me TWICE for the room! I emailed them - no reply. I called them, asked if the woman speaks English or not, "Yes", then bla bla, "I dont speak English!". Well, sorry but you had better hire someone who can speak English if you put your phone number on every international booking website!

Even now my problem is not totally solved, as my friend had to come there in person and take the refund for me. They still dont know what the problem is, yet not give a harsh about repaying the money. I'm just so disappointed when everytime I called the lady, before hanging up, she even whispered to herself bad swearing words in Italian! Really bad mannef, I must say!

Another thing about location. Even though the hostel is so near to the center, but it is not so easy to find as there is no sign and the street is small. You have to look for the TripAdvisor super small sticker on the window of 2nd floor of this hostel to detect it.

Also, recently the home number doesnt work. Good luck with the grumpy old woman on the cell phone if you need to call them.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Ruaidol
Bogota, Colombia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I have been traveling for 7 months and have stayed in almost 100 places. This is my first negative review as I have never been treated so poorly. We arrieved and a very nice guy Alfredo recieved us and since we walked in without a reservation we negotiated a set on a price that we both agree on, and we even verified twice to make sure there was no language barrier or misunderstanding. The next morning he was not around at the time we had to pay so an older woman was telling us that it was more than whe had agreed. We tried to explain the conversation with Alfredo but she decided only to yell at us and treatibg us very poorly. She even said we had eaten too much breakfast (which was not true, and it is buffet style) and pretty much treating us like liars. We asked to talk to Alfredo but they denied and said that they had talked to him the day before. At the end they let us pay what we had agreed but pretty much told us to leave and never come back. It was a very negative experience for us as we had to visit Siena afterwards with our bags still at the hotel. Very unfortunate that a misunderstanding ended up so negative and unprofessional.
Beside the staff the shared bathroom is only one to be shared with a lot of people and it was difficult to shower in the morning. When I finally did, it was not very clean.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JaimeyLaura
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

This place is lovely and is a very comfortable and convenient place to stay in Siena. The rooms are very big and the facilities are good. The bathroom is a little small but that isn't really a problem. You are 10-20minutes walk away from the city centre and very close to the bus stop and a supermarket. You can use the kitchen in the house if you would like to make your own food which is always a plus. The breakfast is amazing, bruschetta, cold meats, cheese, bacon, eggs, cakes, cereal, fruit salad, juice, tea/coffee. Definitely a good choice when staying in Siena. The proprietress can seem a little curt and abrupt but I am sure it is just a language barrier!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

What a beautiful tidy BNB. I loved it. Everything was clean, greeted by friendly people and I felt relaxed.

I stayed in the place separated from the main villa that had 3 double rooms in it plus a kitchen and bathroom. Looks newly renovated and exceptional. Couldn't have asked for anything better and it was so cheap too

Thanks guys

Room Tip: Separate lodging from main villa.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Amersfoort
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Casa di Osio was fully booked, so we were replaced to Casa Alfredo.
Shared bathroom was very small, but clean. Bedroom ok, but close to bathroom.
Breakfast was good (given the Italian standard).
Kitchen available to cook your own meals.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Lichfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

The private room my friend and i stayed in was just lovely, the ceiling was beautiful!! We arrived late as we missed our bus and Alredo who works there was so kind and stayed to welcome us. He then went out of his way to drive us to the hospital the following morning as my friend was unwell. He was just the nicest guy ever. The breakfast was ever so cute...and on the whole we had such a lovely experience there and extended an additional night. Really good location outside porta camollia and easy to get to from the bus station...and if ur heading to florence after, the bus stop is 5 mins away!!! Thank you Alfredo!!! : )

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends