“Great Great!”

Take Me Out in Tuscany
Ranked #8 of 26 Food & Drink in Siena
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: It’s very easy to find tours of Tuscany and Siena, but if you want to learn about the real Tuscany and not skim the surface, come and see us. We can take you where no-one else can….discover places not on the normal tourist route and really feel the atmosphere with helpful and friendly local guides. We can personalize your tour for you….JUST ASK US! Unlike other companies there are no “set” prices, we work with you to suit your budget giving you value for money on your own personal tour. Travelling doesn’t mean only visiting a new place, it embraces the emotions we feel and the memories we bring back…. So, what’s better than going to taste red wines, extra virgin olive oil, pecorino cheese and seeing nice little towns and breathtaking views? But we intent to show you much more than this….please look at our suggestions!
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We spent two days with Paola with first day Paola picking us up from hotel in Florence and tour Chianti and ending at our hotel in Siena.

The second day we stay in Siena to enjoy the Palio and Paola got us great tickets to watch it from the balcony of an apartment. (Tickets arranged by Paola 3 months in advanced). It was a great experience but unfortunately Paola's contrada didn't win this time.

The third day Paola took us on a tour of Brunello region.

Well, Paola was born in Siena and knows Tuscany from head to toe. She took us to local wineries on the two days and had lunches there which was an absolute delight. We also stop in small towns or other attractions along the way.

It was just great and I won't hesitate to look for Paola next time in Tuscany again.

2  Thank Viewpointvilla

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I booked multiple trips with Paola. She provided airport transfer from Rome to Tuscany and took us on 2 wine tours. She was wonderful with email communication leading up to our trip and answered all of my questions promptly. Paola was always on time, very friendly, professional, and extremely knowledgable of the area. She showed her real true colors when she didn't even blink or shy away from helping us clean up after my son got sick 5 times on the way to the first winery. She was so calm and sweet and more worried about us being stress free than her poor van. The 3 wineries she took us over 2 days were out of a fairytale. The scenery was magnificent. They were some of the best wines, olive oils, and balsamic vinegars I have ever had. She broke up the tours with town visits which was great because it gave us time to relax, shop, walk around and see 2 more beautiful places Tuscany has to offer. It was truly an amazing experience. Paola's tours were the highlights of our vacation. I highly recommend Paola and Take me out in Tuscany!!!
P.S. Paola, Carmen says hi and sorry again;)

1  Thank mckfloc
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Upon the recommendation of a friend, my husband and I booked a full day with Paola to explore the Chianti wine region. We were staying in the city of Florence, so she picked us up at our hotel and we embarked on our journey. Paola designed the itinerary, and it couldn't have been any more perfect. Before heading to our first winery, we stopped in the small town of San Gimignano for the beautiful views and to explore the village. Since we were staying in the city it was nice to get a different view of the region. Next on to the first winery - a small family run winery that not only makes wine, but delicious olive oils, balsamic vinegars, soaps, lotions, etc. Everything about this place was phenomenal. After a tour of the winery, we were treated to the most wonderful meal - homemade in their kitchen, every ingredient homemade and grown on the property, with the help of the morning's cooking class - it was one of the best meals of our lives!

Then we headed to the second winery - another small family run business, and another wonderful experience. Since we had already had a full lunch, we were given small bites to taste with the wine. A beautiful day, beautiful views, beautiful wine and food. After this Paola dropped us off at our hotel.

Paola is definitely a find! She really made this trip memorable for us - she is knowledgable, warm and gracious - just a wonderful person. We would not hesitate to recommend her to all of our friends, and will definitely book her for a few more days on our next trip to the region. The highlight of our trip!

2  Thank Jamie J
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My wife and I recently stayed in Siena and booked private excursions with Paola over two days, visiting, amongst other places, San Gimignano, Volterra and Pienza. She is a helpful, informative and adaptable guide and, my wife would be pleased to add, a careful driver. Her charges are reasonable too.

We had a great time in her company and would definitely book with her again if the opportunity should arise.

2  Thank NigelSaffronWalden
Reviewed 18 June 2014

While in Siena, my husband and I booked a full day Chianti wine tour with Paola and it was without a doubt the highlight of our trip. During the day, we visited 3 small wineries, which Paola selected. They were all wonderful! Lunch was provided at the second winery which also specializes in olive oil and balsamic vinegars. The lunch was over the top! The private tours at all of the wineries were very informative, as they shared information about their techniques and their vineyards. We even ordered wine to be shipped home! Paola is very knowledgeable and shared stories and tidbits of information with us about Siena and the region. We also had time for visits to a castle and another little town. Paola is warm and personable and makes sure it is a pleasurable day for you. At the end of the day, as Paola dropped us at our hotel, we felt like we were leaving a long-time friend. I highly encourage anyone wanting to do a wine tour or tour of local Siena to book with Paola. It will be the highlight of your trip as well!

1  Thank Liane R