“Excellent way to discover Siena”

Siena Walking Tours - Private Guided Tours
Ranked #2 of 21 Outdoor Activities in Siena
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided walking tours in Siena and in the main towns of its province with Costanza. Guided walks in the beautiful Tuscan countryside. Customized itineraries and wine tastings on request.
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I am travelling alone and wanted a short walking tour of Siena to understand a little more of this beautiful city. I contact Costanza before I left home and made the booking. From that day on I felt like I had a friend in Siena. I needed some local advice on the bus vs train from Rome and Costanza helped me out. In the lead up to the tour Costanza kept in touch and on the day, emailed me details of what she was wearing so I could easily find her at the meeting point. Something that can be stressful.
I felt like I knew Costanza from the minute a met her. A lovely woman. We walked around for 2.5 hours and I got to learn a lot about the main sites, local customs, the Palio (which had been on 2 days prior), and their architectural, religious and cultural significance. She also gave advice on local food and wine and try and in fact we taste tested some of the local panaforte and Sienese cookies.
I would recommend thins tour to anyone visiting this area.

4  Thank Albanylee

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We wanted to know more about Palio, but we did not want to take a long tour. Constanza arranged to meet us at 6:30 for a 1.5 hour walking tour that emphasized the Palio. We even were able to visit one of the best kept secrets in Siena, one of the neighborhood museums--not easy to accomplish on one's own. She was very charming, and it was like walking around the city with a very informed friend! I highly recommend her.

1  Thank martygnc
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Costanza is well spoken and doesn't try and baffle you with obscure facts. Her knowledge of Siena and its history is quite remarkable and we were impressed at how she was able to communicate so well with 2 people that were so less informed. I would recommended Siena Walking Tours to anyone travelling to this great town. The passion of the Palio was certainly evident and was appreciated later that day as we viewed the drawing of the neighbourhoods for July's race.

2  Thank Dtandgo
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Siena is a beautiful city. This was my second visit, but the first time I had had a guided tour and I appreciate the city even more now thanks to Costanza's guidance. We (a group of four, 50'something, curious and fit travellers and foodies) were stimulated, amazed, fed (oh, the Pan Forte and famous Siena cookies from the bakery where Costanza procured samples for us from the owner) and entertained.

Costanza is accommodating, she really knows her stuff, the tour is never dull, and she has a nice sense of humour. I would recommend this tour in a heartbeat.

I just wish she had encouraged us to buy even more of those cookies at the bakery!!! I'll be yearning for them, for years to come.

2  Thank Patti L
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We started our stay in Siena with a great walking tour and food tasting with Costanza. We started with the Duomo and then walked along the alleys of Siena, as she explained the neighborhoods and pointed out all the sites. We stopped at a great neighborhood bar to taste local specialties and a wine tasting, (the owner took us deep into the old cellar WAY underground). From there we walked to the Del Campo and then through the main shopping street. All along the way Costanza, pointed out sites and gave us recommendations for places to shop and eat. An incredible evening, a must do in Siena.

2  Thank ajbike