“Great way to learn about Siena”

Siena Walking Tours - Private Guided Tours
Ranked #11 of 55 Tours in Siena
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided walking tours in Siena and in the main towns of its province with Costanza. Guided walks in the beautiful Tuscan countryside. Customized itineraries and wine tastings on request.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Half day walking tour of the historical town of Siena. We heard about the Palio and the horse race connected to the Palio. The tour gave a good insight into the history of Siena and it's people families who pass down the tradition of the contradas.

There are newer reviews for Siena Walking Tours - Private Guided Tours

Reviewed 26 July 2014

It was the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor that led me to Costanza of Siena Walking Tours. After experiencing her wonderful service on behalf of my family and myself (trip organizer!) I can only say, "Double or triple all the good reports and it will be closer to the truth!" We had the benefit of her services for a day and one half day and saying goodbye was like losing the company of a much loved family member. Our party included my daughter, two teenage grandsons and my husband and myself celebrating our 50th anniversary. Costanza was a hit with all age groups as she led us through the sites of the Classical Tour of Siena. Our full day with Costanza occurred on the magnificent Palio Day and this was tour guidance at its finest! Costanza had us right where we needed to be to witness the Blessing of the Horse in church, to join with another tour group for those of us who had tickets for the race, and found a perfect spot to enjoy the race for those without tickets. It was quite a feat, but she made it easy and fun!

Her on site guidance was a marvel to all but only I, who had spent many months planning this trip, truly knew how helpful she had been from our first email contact in November til we met in person July 1. I will be forever grateful to Trip Advisor for enabling me to make this contact!

2  Thank Doni5
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I am travelling alone and wanted a short walking tour of Siena to understand a little more of this beautiful city. I contact Costanza before I left home and made the booking. From that day on I felt like I had a friend in Siena. I needed some local advice on the bus vs train from Rome and Costanza helped me out. In the lead up to the tour Costanza kept in touch and on the day, emailed me details of what she was wearing so I could easily find her at the meeting point. Something that can be stressful.
I felt like I knew Costanza from the minute a met her. A lovely woman. We walked around for 2.5 hours and I got to learn a lot about the main sites, local customs, the Palio (which had been on 2 days prior), and their architectural, religious and cultural significance. She also gave advice on local food and wine and try and in fact we taste tested some of the local panaforte and Sienese cookies.
I would recommend thins tour to anyone visiting this area.

4  Thank Albanylee
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We wanted to know more about Palio, but we did not want to take a long tour. Constanza arranged to meet us at 6:30 for a 1.5 hour walking tour that emphasized the Palio. We even were able to visit one of the best kept secrets in Siena, one of the neighborhood museums--not easy to accomplish on one's own. She was very charming, and it was like walking around the city with a very informed friend! I highly recommend her.

1  Thank martygnc
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Costanza is well spoken and doesn't try and baffle you with obscure facts. Her knowledge of Siena and its history is quite remarkable and we were impressed at how she was able to communicate so well with 2 people that were so less informed. I would recommended Siena Walking Tours to anyone travelling to this great town. The passion of the Palio was certainly evident and was appreciated later that day as we viewed the drawing of the neighbourhoods for July's race.

2  Thank Dtandgo