Palazzo Ravizza
Villa Scacciapensieri(Siena)(Great Value!)
US$391
US$317
Sangallo Park Hotel(Siena)(Great Value!)
US$295
NH Siena(Siena)(Great Value!)
US$216
Agoda.com
Hotel Italia(Siena)
Hotel Minerva(Siena)
1,525 results
All reviewsgarden viewtuscan countrysidegrand pianofree parkingold palaceglass of winelovely gardenbeautiful hotelfavorite hotelsuperior roomold world charmhigh ceilingsprivate parkingantique furnituresalamicroissantsrestaurant reservations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I've stayed at Palazzo Ravizza twice--the first time with my husband on our honeymoon in 2006 and the second just this month with my mother. It's a beautiful place, but a bit overpriced (not helped by the current horrid exchange rate!). The rooms and bathrooms are small, but comfortable. The views from those that face the hills and garden are gorgeous. The garden is the highlight of the hotel--a wonderful place to read or sip a glass of wine. I've always found the front desk staff quite helpful in securing reservations or making suggestions. I will certainly stay here in the future.

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed 2 October 2009

We spent one night at the Palazzo Ravizza and loved it! Siena is so beautiful and the view of the countryside from our window was like a painting. We found the woman at the front desk (and I wish I could recall her name) to be very helpful and nice. Our room was very clean and large. The bathroom was also large with pretty porcelain tiles, a tub and separate shower. The garden terrace has beautiful views. I thought the breakfast was adequate. I would recommend booking in advance and requesting a room with a view. This was our only 3 star hotel on our trip, we stayed at the Hassler Roma(5 star luxury hotel) in Rome the night before. The Palazzo held it's own with it's county charm and breathtaking views!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2009

I stayed at the Palazzo based on the reviews. Fodor's described it as "genteel shabbiness". My group of travellers found it just shabby. I know it's only a 3 star but it was very worn down and frankly, dirty. We had a suite and the hard wood floors were buckling and the surface was dirty leaving our feet black. My daughter was given the couch converted into a bed and it had hairs under the top sheet. Furniture is worn down and had stains. A/C would finally really cool down the room by morning so we slept drenched in sweat. We've stayed in other 3 star hotels so we weren't expecting a 5 star but at least a clean hotel. I know it is an old hotel but it is very poorly maintained. I can understand why some reviews indicated the staff were unfriendly. I've been told this is a general trait of the Sienese locals, namely, unfriendliness. My husband use to travel during school with a back pack and he said the hotel was more in line with a 1 or 2 star hotel. Obviously many people seem to like that old world run down effect but if you are use to higher level and cleaner hotel then I don't recommend this one. Even simple items like feather pillows were not available. The bathrooms were generally fine and relatively modern so that was definitely the best part. The croissants at breakfast were also good. A better option is the Grand Hotel which is a 5 star but honestly I saw one of the rooms and it is also far too expensive for what you get. My best recommendation is to avoid sleeping in Siena and rather find a nice hotel in the countryside and then come into Siena for the day. Siena was somewhat of a disappointment and although generally cars aren't allowed in the city centre this apparently is meant only for outsiders as the local cars and motorcycles are constantly zipping around the inner core which was very irritating when you are trying to walk with the crowds through the narrow streets. I don't usually write reviews but I want others to get another perspective of this hotel so they are not as disappointed as we were.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank TorontoStella
Reviewed 11 September 2009

We stayed at this hotel for one night in September and I don't understand how anyone could rate it 5 out of 5.
Yes the views to the rear of the building are great and some of the common areas are indeed quite impressive, the private parking is also a bonus, but that is it.
The rooms are dirty, the airconditioning is very dirty, noisey and has little, if no effect.
The noise transfer from room to room is very bad and the breakfast is only average.
Don't be fooled by the relatively high Tripadvisor rating for this hotel as it is only confirming that the general standard of accomodation in Siena is quite low.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank goju
Reviewed 10 September 2009

There were three of us and we stayed in the top loft room up a narrow stair well, which had a separate cot for our third person. Our room did not have views so I wouldnt recomend this room although it was available at a reduced rate (which is why I selected it). We had a nice sized bathroom with bath tub. I would suggest a room that overlooks the garden side and not the street side because the street is rather noisy (vespas) and the garden views are gorgeous. The foyer and public areas of the hotel are gorgeous. The food at the restaurant was excellent, although I would have preferred to eat there only once and try out the local restaurants. We looked at several other rooms and they are small but lovely. Nice bedding, towels, everything. It's not a cheap hotel. We were able to walk everywhere in Siena from the hotel which is what we were looking for.

Siena is a gorgeous town and a good base for exploring tuscany. We also stayed in a villa / B&B in tuscany for 3 nights and would have preferred staying at the Palazzo Ravizza in town instead for the entire time. It was too quiet for us at the villa.

I highly recommend this hotel, they do offer special rates in the off season.

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled with friends