“Fantastic, friendly hotel!”
Review of Hotel Italia

Hotel Italia
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Siena
Reviewed 12 November 2011

We spent 2 wonderful nights at this hotel. Our room was very large, comfortable and spotlessly clean. We found the hotel easily following directions from the train station up the multiple escalators to the top of the hill and turn right and just a short walk from there. The city gate and old city center was a lovely stroll from the hotel passing wonderful pizzarias and gelato shops along the way. We bought different kinds of pizza and had a picnic in the nearby piazza. The breakfast at the hotel was included and very plentiful and delicious with hot entrees.
All the staff at the front was very friendly and helpful with maps at the ready with all the sights marked. The wifi was free (perhaps because we stayed more than 1 night) and worked well the whole time we were there. We felt the rooms were reasonably priced for the proximity to the center and amenities offered. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would want to stay here again and again.

Room Tip: We chose the newer high tech room.
2  Thank fleurdemom
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Dear Guest,

many thanks for leaving your comment about Hotel Italia Siena.
I wish I could always read reviews like yours… what a satisfaction! Grazie!
It’s so important to me people spending quality time here with us. We work hard for this but always happy to do it!
Executive rooms include free Wi FI access, otherwise it costs 1€/1h, 2 €/3h, 5 €/24h.
Awaiting to welcome you again, I remain with my best regards.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Italia

Reviewed 10 November 2011

What a wonder ful hotel-whish we could have put it on wheels and towed it with us. It began with a happy greeting by the girls at the front desk. We were accompanied by my sister who was in a wheelchair. Our Cosmos guide, Silvio, had called ahead and got our room assignments which made check in a breeze. Just gave our room number and we were off to our rooms. We were in a beautiful annex just outside the front door. Large and beautiful, and best of all my sister had a double step in shower.
Many walked to the large square, but we were not feeling so ambitious. I had read about a restaurant Fonteguisto. The desk clerks made a reservation for us. It was not far down the street, and had great food. The steak was very tender-not the norm
we found as we travled on-menu was varied and reasonable. Mostly local patrons-a good sign. There were several local shops near the hotel. A great experience-wish it had been for more than one night.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank kgoldgirlnj
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2011

Dear Guest,

first of all I want to thank you for your review about Hotel Italia Siena.
Sharing your opinion you also give a lot of nice information very helpful!
Your words are so lovely, grazie! I’m really happy you enjoyed staying with us.
Since you’re our hundredth guest leaving an excellent comment about us, I’m pleased to inform you that you’ll have a free night to spend here.
Awaiting to receive you again, I remain with my warmest regards.

Reviewed 4 November 2011

Hotel Italia is just outside the city wall very close to the bus stop and at the top of the escalators from the train station. It is a very easy, comfortable 15 – 20 minute to the central square. We enjoyed the walk at the end of the day to help digest yet another delicious dinner! Breakfast is good with lots of options and served in a bright, communal room. There is a coffee machine that makes a decent cappuccino (though skip the espresso solo).

What made our stay so enjoyable was the staff. We were always greeted with smiles and all of our questions answered professionally (even ones about transportation in/out of Siena). Grazie Elaine!

Our room was one of the newly remodeled Executive Rooms; it was very nice and had a great view as well. The room was immaculate and felt spacious even though it is a standard size. Did I mention complimentary mini-bar and free, reliable WiFi! The bar isn’t stocked full or anything, but it was a nice touch that made you feel...welcome.

I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to anyone visiting.

2  Thank mtomlins
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

Dear Guest,

many thanks for sharing your experience about Hotel Italia Siena.
I’m really happy staying with us was up to your expectations. Thanks also for the nice words about staff. I’m pretty sure they’re our crowning point… they should be very proud of their job, I am! Elaine was struck with your note and wants to say GRAZIE!
Me and the guys, we all hope to welcome you again!
Warm regards from Siena.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

We recently stayed at Hotel Italia for two nights, and it was very nice. The location is great. It's just a short (and easy) walk from the train station, and short walk from the old town inside the walls.The bed was comfortable, the room was very clean, the bathroom was new and had a great shower with lots of hot water, breakfast was nice, and the staff were all very helpful and friendly. They all tried to serve our needs very well. We enjoyed our stay here, and we would stay here again, if we return to Siena. Our room was smaller than I had anticipated, but still it is highly recommended!

Room Tip: If you book the executive room, the free WiFi works very well in the room.
2  Thank Debby C
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

Dear Debby,

many thanks for leaving a review about Hotel Italia Siena.
Everything you write is very kind and I’m very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
I’m sorry your expectation about room size wasn’t satisfied. Executive rooms, like the one you chose, are not all the same size. Some are really big and others are “normal”. This is due to the bearing walls and even if the floor is brand new, there were structural limits during renovation.
I hope to welcome you again, in case write a note so that I can accommodate you in our biggest executive room.
Best regards.

Reviewed 21 October 2011

Not knowing what to expect we were delightfully surprised by the Hotel Italia. The rooms although modest in size were very comfortable and our room in the back (515) was quiet even with the window open. The best part was the wonderful front desk staff that made our stay so much more then it would have been without their help. They made reservations, suggestions for restaurants which were excellent, and they helped us plan day trips to Chianti wine country, best route to see sites to Orvieto our next stop plus all the regular excursions thru-out Siena. We will stay there again. BTW the breakfast was very good and the price very reasonable.

Room Tip: Get a room in back buildings
1  Thank BajaR0cks
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2011

Dear Guest,

thanks for your kind review about Hotel Italia Siena.
The hotel was originally a 19th-century palace and when it was converted, there wasn’t the possibility to make rooms all of the same size. You’ll find both in standard and superior and executive rooms all different sizes, thanks for giving me the opportunity to leave this information also to other guests.
I’m very delighted for what you report about reception staff. This makes me really proud and them too. It’s such a big satisfaction reading we succeed in welcoming. Comments like this encourage us to work better and better, grazie!!!
Let’s hope you’ll come to Siena again.
Best regards.

Reviewed 20 October 2011

A great hotel in a good location. Thanks to the new escalator, the trip up from the station was easy. A short walk to the arch and the old city wall and then into town. The staff were very helpful and friendly and there is a good breakfast. There is a sister Hotel Garden, about 10 minutes away where we went for a swim. They also have a fantastic deck and a friendly barman (from Baltimore) who makes you feel welcome in Italian or English.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travellerofold
hotel-italia-siena, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2011

Dear guest,
many thanks for your review and for the time spent in doing it.
I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! The satisfaction of our customers is our primary goal!
I will talk to Atla, Hotel Garden’s bartender, who will be very happy for your note!
For a future visit of our little, but really fascinating city, I hope to welcome you as our customer again,
Arrivederci da Siena,
Cristina Masoni

Reviewed 18 October 2011

Our stay was wonderful there, my only complaint would be the room we had faced the road at the traffic light, which made it a little noisy. Many cars and scooters accelerate there all evening. The location was great to get to historic Siena or other areas. We had to park in a lot behind the hotel across the street. The staff was very friendly and in fact on the day we checked out early before the scheduled breakfast, the gentleman at the front desk made coffee (expresso) and other pastries for us. That was a pleasant surprise and a great send-off to Venice. The hotel is also close to a market, a Gelato shop, several good restaurants(Gabellieri's) very convenient.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Dellbryant

Dear guest,
First of all, many thanks for your review. We really appreciate the comments of our guests, we get important tips from them.
I'm sorry for the noise from the street, but the location so close to the center during the day means that the road is a little busy, but luckily the evening is quieter.
Reception Staff work hard and nice notes about them are a great gratification for their efforts! Grazie!
Be sure that, even if the breakfast room is still closed at your check out time, no guests remain without a nice pastry and a good coffee to start the day!
Hoping to hold you again,
warm regards from Siena,