“A Very Nice Place to Stay in Siena”
Review of Hotel Italia

Hotel Italia
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Siena
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We give high marks to Hotel Italia. It is a very nice hotel located near the train station and a good walk to the center of town. It is a very good value. The staff is very nice and accomodating. The breakfast buffet is great. Strong recommendation.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MikeNJUSA
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Dear MikeNJUSA,

thanks for YOUR HIGH MARKS!!! They’re very appreciated… .
I’m really pleased your stay with us was satisfying and comfortable.
Me and my very nice staff we look forward to welcoming you again in Siena and at Hotel Italia.
A sincere smile and CIAO from all of us,

Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed just 1 night here outside of the historic walls. The hotel is fairly modern with friendly helpful staff. We had a car and would rather stay outside of the walls due to parking issues. There was supposed to be parking at the hotel but they were all taken up so we had to park in the street in the back. Otherwise the only really negative thing I can say is the bathroom smelled like the sewer. Although otherwise appears to be clean. Good AC. Reasonably sized room and bathroom. Extra cost for internet access. Continental breakfast included and it was excellent. Bacon, croissant, yogurt, coffee etc.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jetsetter77777
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Dear jetsetter77777,

thanks for leaving this nice comment about us.
Would you be so kind to let me know by mail the room n° of your accommodation? I would like to fix what you’re reporting, I’ll really appreciate your help.
About parking, we just have 10 spaces and they must be reserved in advance and this should be clear everywhere, if not, please inform me also about your reservation centre… I’ll send them the right information.
Internet access is free of charge for direct reservation only…maybe this could be useful for your next visit…:-).
A sincere regard from Siena,

Reviewed 18 August 2012

I made a reservation thru Booking.com at this hotel for a 1 night stay in October, 2 months from now. I then had a change in schedual and tried to cancell my 1 night reservation. I was told they would charge me the entire rate and that it was Bookong.com policy. Booking.com said it was the hotels policy. The typical not my fault. They ( booking.com) contacted the hotel and tried to get me a refund, since it was 2 months from now, certainly enough time for any hotel to cancell a 1 night reservation without penalty, and the hotel said no, they were going to charge me the full nights rate. My Italian guide, who lives there even called and said it was ridiculous, but to no avail. Please beware of this hotels policy and their lack of customer care and reputation. I will never stay at any Hotel Italia again, and hope you don,t.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TMJETS

Dear Sir,

you reserved a not refundable rate, a restricted fair, no cancellation and changes allowed.
You ask your friend to call us and cancel it. We explained it was not possible and he reported us your BLACKMAIL about a bad trip advisor review. It's very unfair. You didn't sleep, how can you judge our service?
Both on Booking.com and on our Web Site you can choose among several tariffs, where reservation terms and conditions are clearly specified. It was up to you, and you chose the not refundable rate.
Next time, be aware to make the right choice if you're not sure about planning your trip.
Best regards.

Federtica Fiochi

Reviewed 17 August 2012

Siena was chosen as our base point in Tuscany. We stayed 5 nights in Hotel Italia and it was great. Perfect for what we needed - clean, nice staff, great breakfast, parking and easy access. The only thing I would suggest to the hotel is to provide room service for late hours as it is not easy to find a restaurant after 10pm in Siena.

Room Tip: Family rooms in the "annex" are great - nice space and quiet
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2012

Dear Kiki563,

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grazie! It’s so …so… gratifying when we match your expectation.
Thanks for suggesting a late hours room service. You’re right but unfortunately we have no licence to serve meal, breakfast apart. But we are lucky to have pizzeria Gabellieri close by that is open for a pizza until 11,30 pm!
A great CIAO from a scorching Siena :-),

Reviewed 17 August 2012

We had the quadruple room which was simple and comfortable enough but not very large. It suited our needs well. We booked well in advance so there's a 20% discount, otherwise it would have been quite expensive. The breakfast is really great, not just a continental breakfast as in other hotels. There's no problem with parking since there's a lot of parking places on the street behind the hotel and there's no need whatsoever to pay an extra 10 Euros for parking inside the hotel grounds. The receptionist will point the way to the street where you can park. The location is good and it's just a 10 minute walk into the old city. The wi fi is good. Make sure you get it free with the room. The staff is great and very accomodating.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear yael2,

first of all let me thank you for this incredible review, grazie! Thanks for spending your time in writing it and thanks for reporting such good words about us. I'm really pleased you enjoyed your stay!
You suggest to make sure to get free WiFi… very easy…just reserve on our web site!
Looking forward to welcoming you again, I remain with my best regards.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a few nights on a recent trip to Siena. Super easy to reach via the escalator system from the train station. Easily walkable to the historic town - about 15 minutes. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was simply wonderful, especially if one is a vegan (everything is marked for you!). Extremely clean and comfortable. Had a wonderful stay here and would definitely stay here again when I return.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

GO VEGAN!!! So nice you report this about vegan. Thanks, it’s so important to me. Grazie!
I’m really happy you enjoyed staying here at Hotel Italia and when you’ll return you’ll find many nice news…Let us know…and don’t forget to check best offers and deals on our web site!
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2012

We stayed in this hotel recently and can say we were very happy with our choice.It is quite close to the railway station as long as you remember to use the escalator system to get there(we forgot!!).It is also quite close to the city walls and about 1500metres from the main central attractions.All the staff were very friendly and helpful,the front desk staff especially were both informative and very well spoken.Their grasp of English was far superior to our Italian which was very much appreciated as they gave us plenty of advice.
The breakfast was the usual self service buffet with hot and cold food on offer,we could find no fault with it.Our room was on the top floor and was very clean and tastefully decorated and furnished.Thankfully the air con worked wonderfully well as it was constantly in the high 30's C.
The only minor complaint we would make is the road directly outside is quite busy which gives some road noise late at night and early morning.Our room faced onto the road so maybe a room facing away may be better,this is our only complaint but even so we would definitely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: If you don't like road noise avoid the front rooms,we were in 469.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Dear Carlisle,

many thanks for sharing your kind review with the Trip Advisor community.
I’m very glad you were satisfied with your stay and in case you’ll come again, please let me know, I’ll be very pleased to suggest you a special accommodation…soundproof! I’m also please to inform you and other guests, that next winter we will improve the sound-insulation, it seems that the double glasses are not enough during the busy hours of the day.
Please remember to check the best rates and offers on our web site and come again to visit us and our wonderful city!
Sincere regards,