“Nice Hotel”
Review of Hotel Italia

Hotel Italia
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Siena
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Good hotel, close to the historic center, but not inside it. There is a public stairwell few steps way that connects the hotel street with the train station (very good to avoid tanking cabs).
The breakfast is good. The room is comfortable and true to pictures, the bathroom is really good, especially for European standards.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Dear Roberta,

today I’m really proud… We received 4 new reviews … all very good :-)!
The reason I’m so glad is your satisfaction.
There is nothing more frustrating than a concerned guest. Our first goal is to give you an outstanding service and a genuine welcome and these days’ comments are rewarding us.
Many thanks!
Kind regards from me and the Staff,

Reviewed 15 October 2012

Just outside old city, clean and bright rooms. Excellent breakfast buffet. Staff are extremely helpful. Warm, friendly atmosphere. Genuinely seemed interested in helping their guests.Had left personal items and they mailed items to us. At no charge, room was upgraded

Dear Charles B,

Your caught perfectly our spirit… it just doesn’t seem…we are really interested in helping our guests and in giving them an excellent service.
Many thanks for pointing this out!
Awaiting to welcome you soon please accept our sincere regards from Siena.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in September. We found the hotel staff spoke english and were very accomodating with directions for driving, dinner, etc.

We stayed in a small annex off the back parking lot, but it was very quiet. The room was small but very clean.

The breakfast was very good with many choices and the room was busy but they kept cleaning tables quickly as the people left.

The parking was a nightmare and we didn't have a reservation for the first night so we did manage to find something on the street. The next night we had a reservation but it was such a tiny parking lot some people needed guiding into it and still couldn't park properly. Thank heaven my husband can park anything!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Kelowna,

thanks for your review.
Let’s start with the parking… YOU’RE RIGHT! We tried the impossible to buy spaces from the Town Hall but nothing :-). Depending on the day it’s also possible to park easily in the street behind us, but not on Wednesday and Thursday night…if your first night was on one of these 2 days I really believe it was nightmare, I’m so sorry.
Fortunately we can offer as last chance also the free parking of our sister Hotel, 600 mt faraway always available.
Good thing that from the title I understand you enjoyed staying with us and our services very much…despite the parking matter.
Looking forward to welcoming you again, me and the Staff say “ciao” from a rainy Siena.
Best regards.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in October 2012 with my girlfriend.

Staff were very helpful, very approachable.

We booked a basic double room but were upgraded for free on arrival.

Our room was lovely. Good size, (not too big or small), nice TV with lots of channels, and a great big bathroom. The shower deserves a special mention for being particularly powerful!!

Rooms were particularly clean.

Breakfast was also included and, having experienced many many breakfast buffets in Italy, it compared quite well - though I am never a fan of hotel breakfasts in Italy. Croissant were fines, coffee machine had good coffee for a buffet, and there's even bacon and eggs, as well as the usual ham, cheese, cereal, yoghurt, fruit juice etc etc.

The only criticism, and we knew this before we booked, is that it is a good 15 minute walk from the city centre, and the light from their hotel sign was quite bright by our window at night. We only noticed later that we had some shutters as well as curtains, so that's partly our fault!

We didn't have a car so can't comment on anything car related.

So a very good 3 star hotel in a lovely town. Just a bit of a walk away (though the walk is hardly a bad one).

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Rick,

first of all may thanks for leaving this kind review about us.
You give a lot of useful suggestions and this is very important to me.
I’ll “steal” from your words some precious information to improve our service and if you’ll come back, I hope to surprise you with nice news!
Distance from the old city centre is just 300 mt and 1,5 km from Piazza del Campo but I understand the feeling about that can be very subjective.
With the hope to welcome you again, I remain with my kindest regards.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Found this hotel at the last second when arriving in Sienna, bit on the steep side for pricing but very central, can walk to the centre of Sienna within ten minutes and the rooms are specious. Parking is a bit of an issue due to local roads being closed off for cleaning

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear daviddg777,

Many thanks for sharing your opinion about us.
Let me inform you that our tariffs are very changeable, depending on the occupancy and the season. Many deals and convenient offers are always available on our web site.
I’m glad your stay was overall satisfying, it’s very important to us.
Kindest regards from Siena.

Reviewed 13 October 2012

Just stayed 2 nights at Hotel Italia. My original plan was to stay one night only and I am very glad that I changed my plan.

I took the train to Siena from Florence so it was a very short walk to the hotel. As a reviewer said before, just walk through the mall and take all the escalators up. And you are there.

I stayed in one of the executive rooms and apart from the occasional toilet flushing sound, it was very nice and quiet. Bed was huge and comfy. Room is also big per European standard.

Breakfast spread was decent but I am quite sure they baked their own croissant in house as my last morning I was awaken by the smell of freshly baked croissant from downstairs. Staff are very friendly and helpful and provide lots of tips restaurant and travel planning etc. This is especially helpful when many of the shop owners don't speak English and bus schedules are only in Italian.

I would definitely recommend Hotel Italia to anyone looking for a place to stay in Siena and hope that I can return soon.

Room Tip: Some of the buses traveling to nearby towns like San Gimignano stop in front of the hotel on their w...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

KcatHK, thanks!
Thanks for choosing Hotel Italia and for extending your stay with us. I’m very pleased you appreciated our services…the approval of a Top Contributor… :-)…what a satisfaction!!!
It’s very kind from you recommending our hotel to anyone, I hope we will always match up with the highest standard quality.
Looking forward to welcoming you again, please accept our sincere regards.

Reviewed 13 October 2012

As mentioned in numerous other reviews, the staff at Hotel Italia are exceptional. In addition to their great tips for getting the most out of a visit to Siena, they are consistently personable and approachable.

I could give multiple examples, but one in particular stands out. Early one morning, my husband awoke with a headache. We had not packed anything to take for such an event, so I went to the front desk and asked if the hotel had any aspirin. The lovely woman working there had no sooner heard my question than she was zooming off to a back room to get the item. Something about the speed at which she responded seemed to be utterly kind to me.

So, if you are looking for a place to stay in Siena with genuinely helpful and friendly staff, look no further.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Sometimes I’m amazed at reading all these wonderful words about my staff… You seem surprised at finding a sincere and smiling welcome… What’s going on? It should be natural in every hotel, in every house… But nowadays world doesn’t seem to go the same direction.

Hotel Italia, me and all the Staff just want to give this: a genuine hospitality and thanks to my staff this is possible every day!
I’m really pleased you were so touched and I’m also glad we were helpful with your head upset.

So, dear emeraldine69, many thanks for sharing this incredible review, we all wait for your next visit with the promise we won’t let you down :-).

Sincere regards from Siena