“make this your base for visiting tuscany”
Review of Hotel Italia

Hotel Italia
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Siena
Omaha, Nebraska
“make this your base for visiting tuscany”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

What a great place to stay. Wished we could have stayed longer and just taken day trips from Siena. Arriving by train is it super easy to walk to hotel. Escalators take you up from station to street level easily and then just take a right for about 2-3 blocks and you have arrived. Make your reservations online and get free wi-fi. Checking in was fast, easy and the staff speak very good English. They are so friendly and helpful and make you, the customer, feel special. We were able to drop off bags and be on our way on a tour the front desk made for us that picked us up right at the front door - how awesome is that? We had a double superior room that was extremely clean, nicely furnished, A/C, private bath, mini fridge, TV, room safe, large closet,Firm beds, quiet room but...the best part is breakfast. What a great buffet of items. Europeans are much better at making breakfast a true "meal" than in america. Everything was fresh, clean and replenished quickly. How often does one find chocolate fondue on a breakfast buffett? The walk to the center of the old town is a bit of a walk (maybe a mile?) but the hotel itself is only about 2 blocks from a bus stop that takes you to other towns in the area or around town. I would love to return to stay at this place and also would highly recommend it to anyone wanting a smaller, less urban place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
GRAZIE! GRAZIE! GRAZIE! I really don’t have words enough to transimt you how happy I am with this incredible review!!!
What a satisfaction!!! I’m so glad your stay was that good, I love giving a nice welcome, people “must” feel good here, that’s what we want…me and all my staff.
So many thanks for posting this amazing review and above all for choosing us and for witing that you would defitively come back…we trust you…and wait for you!
Warmest regards from all of us,

Federica Fiochi and the Staff

p.s: distance from the beginning of the old town 300 meters=0,186 miles, from Piazza del Campo 1,2 km= 0,746 miles.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stayed at Hotel Italia for one night while traveling between Orvieto and Gaiole. We chose to stay outside the city walls for convenience of parking etc. The hotel was clean, rooms were large and mostly comfortable though we found the bed a bit hard. Breakfast was very good with lots of choices, one of the better buffet breakfasts we had. Best of all was the location to the city walls. About a 10 min walk had us inside the gate and into Piazza del Campo.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest, many thanks for posting this nice review about us. I’m sorry about the bed but it’s very subjective and we had to choose one kind.
I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated our services and location.
Let’s come and vivit us again soon.
Best regards from me and the Staff,

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 9 September 2013

What a gem of a hotel, we felt like we were in our home, not a hotel. The women at the front desk are efficient, charming, and work hard to make your stay perfect. The hotel is a short walk from the escalators in the train station, and a very brief walk to the main entrance to old Sienna. The rooms are not huge, but the bathrooms are large and the big windows open out to the street at the front; not sure what was at the back of the hotel. We are so glad we experienced Sienna while enjoying this hotel, I would highly recommend it!

Room Tip: they do have some hard beds which I bet they are replacing ... if that is an issue, maybe ask them
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear toes123…TO BE WONDERFUL IS YOUR REVIEW!!! Grazie, thanks!
For your next visit (…we hope so… :-)) you could try another kind of room…you’ll find always the best offers and price on our web site.
A warm regards from Siena,

Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Last August My wife and I stayed in Hotel Italia in Siena as part of our 4 weeks honeymoon trip in Belpaese!
We have asked during the booking of this hotel, for one of the nicest room for a fresh married couple and the staff made us super happy. When we walked in room we had a lovely message and nice biscuits in the shape of a heart for a newly marriage.Room big and spotless, modern bathroom, nice balcony with chairs and table good breakfast and very helpful staff!
Siena is a stunning city and it has a unique style different from other places in Tuscany...
So much to see in Siena, Piazza del Campo and the city's narrows streets are the highlights!
Siena has good restaurant but in the city centre they can be overpriced...
The hotel Italia it is not right in the centre of Siena, probably good 20 minutes walking from the main attractions, but very good value for a very touristic place.
Grazie ancora cordiali saluti
Ermanno

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Ermanno, many thanks for sharing your nice comment!
I’m really glad that you and your wife appreciated our small present to wish you all the best!
Siena is a really stunning city and it can be different in every season…so let’s come back soon!!!
Me and the Staff look forward to welcoming you again.
Sincere regards,

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The hotels reception were so friendly and helpful. We felt welcome as soon as we walked through the door.
Our room was well decorated, second floor, back of the hotel.
Breakfast was adequate although sometimes quite busy and crowded.
It is a pleasant walk to the centre and approximately 20 minute walk to Il Campo with plenty of restaurants on the way.
we would definitely return if in the area again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear alfiew05….THANKS! I really want to thank you for this great review. It’s always nice reading good comments but when you point out something so good about my staff I’m particularly happy and proud because I believe they deserve all the best . So, many many thanks for writing those nice words.
Awaiting to receive your next visit please accept my kindest regards.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Giulia and Jannika made our stay excellent. They were extremely helpful with restaurant recommendations as wel as helping us plan a day trip to the natural hot springs in Terme as well. I would recommend a renovated large room if space is a priority-very large showers and renovated bathrooms were best in Italy! The higher floors have smaller rooms with amazing views. Wonderful breakfast with all kinds of pastries and everything you could want. Overall, a great place to stay and a great value for the area.

Room Tip: See tips in comments above.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Miami??? How can I answer this review? I’ve just vivited Miami…20 days…and I miss it so much… Sorry for the divagation… :-).
Thanks! I’m so proud of my staff, they’re amazing. I truly believe that they deserve your words and I’m so glad you wrote them. Grazie! Many many thanks for your incredible review.
Let’s come back soon and vivit us again!
A great and warm regard from me and all my Staff,

Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

For money and value this is the place to stay. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful which made our stay personal. The staff were 5 star. Having the use of the pool at hotel garden really helped in the hot weather. The views from the room were superb on the 4th floor. I would definitely stay here again. My stay was extremely positive. Excellent

• Stayed August 2013
Marie….

Your headline made us incredibly happy… GRAZIEEEEE!!! That’s exectly what we want to transmit our guests.
We all, really hope to welcome you again very soon :-).
A warm regards from me and the Staff,