“great hotel for siena stay”
Review of Hotel Italia

Hotel Italia
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Siena
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed here in October as part of a trip to celebrate our 10th Wedding anniversary. We spent 3 nights here in an executive room. Our room was nicely decorated, with a king size bed, well equipped bathroom and a balcony. It had everything we needed. Staff were very friendly and their restaurant recommendations were perfect. Breakfast, as others have mentioned, is very good with a wide selection, wider than most hotels in Italy that i have stayed in.
While it is a walk from the old town, it was fine for us. However if you have mobility problems,there is a bus stop nearby from which you can catch a bus to bring you into the centre. We enjoyed the walk - as it helped to work off the wonderful meals we had.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone travelling to Siena for business or pleasure. It offers great service and value for money.

Room Tip: It's worth paying extra for the executive rooms if you are staying fro more than one night.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yogaladyni
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Friend...what a nice review! Many many thanks.
It's a real pleasure reading your comment, your enthusiasm is a true fuel injection :-)!!!
Please let's come back and visit us soon again.
Warmest regards from me and all the Staff,

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is like a 3 minute walk to the elevators that lead down to the train station. And a 7 minute walk to the gates of the city. There's restaurants and souvinor shops along the road and down the elevators to the train station is a mall with a supermarket inside too! Very close and convenient.
The hotel has been redone and it very modern but charming still. The rooms feel more European and there's a bath in the bathroom! The bed was hard but better than our previous hotel. It was all very clean.
The breakfast was really good! We had 2 mornings during our stay and the 2nd day I quite looked forward to it! Eggs, sausage/hotdog, salami/ham/cheese, cereal and oats, yogurt, fresh fruits, breads/croissants/cornettos, juice, water, milk, coffee/cappuccino/espresso, all very good! And the pastries are homemade, fresh daily!
The staff was amazing! Always a hello or ciao, they helped us book tours, get directions, and gave us recommendations! Super nice!
I would definitely recommend this place to stay in Siena!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pinkkbeach

Dear Guest,

Good morning from a cold Siena and thanks a lot for writing this incredible review about us.
It's very kind from you recommending us and we all hope to welcome you soon again.
A warm CIAO from me and the Staff,

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Outstanding small hotel, beautifully decorated and maintained. Very conveniently located, helpful staff and excellent, generous breakfast. Rooms are quiet and comfortable, each one unique. The bathroom in ours was huge (oddly, it had no shelf to store toiletries) and done in lovely tiles. Parking at the hotel is cramped and awkward -- even for loading and unloading luggage -- but there's a free lot at a related hotel about a 10 minutes walk down the road (get directions - it isn't easy to find). Remarkable value for the price.

Room Tip: Not all rooms are fully accessible by elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Good Morning from Siena and thanks for sharing this great review.
I'm really glad you appreciated our services and enjoyed your stay with us.
Me and all the Staff, we all hope to welcome you soon again!
Best regards from a very cold Siena today....

Reviewed 15 November 2013

What a perfect place to stay in Siena when arriving by train! Just cross the street, go up the easy escalators and walk about 1.5 blocks! It couldn't be easier. The Hotel is lovingly cared for, has a very contemporary aesthetic and felt very Sienese in its room decor. Beautiful, generous breakfast buffet added to the experience. Although staying inside the walls seems like the thing to do, staying just outside the walls at Hotel Italia afforded us the opportunity to get to know the surrounding neighborhood a bit and explore more on our morning and evening walks into the campo. Hotel Italia is a gem—I would stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Oh Wow...What a perfect review... :-)!!!
Many many thanks for leaving this incredible comment about us, you're very kind.
It's a pleasure reading your stay was that good and me and the Staff are really glad you enjoyed our services.
We would like to welcome you again, so let's come back soon!
Warmest regards from Siena

Federica Fiochi and the Staff

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Wow! So much better than I expected. First lets start by confirming that this hotel is up at the level of the "old town" and not down the hill be the train station. It's very easy to walk to from the train station. Go through the mall and up the multiple escalators. Once outside at the top, turn right and walk about 300M to the hotel. My Executive 3rd floor room was spacious clean and comfortable. The bathroom was huge with a great walk-in shower. Being noise sensitive I was worried about being in the front facing the street. The windows are the big heavy kind and absolutely the best soundproof windows I can imagine. I didn't hear a thing. The breakfast was great with eggs, meats, cheeses, breads, sweets, multiple types of coffee and tea. You won't go away hungry. The staff was great. I left them a list of restaurants I wanted to try ad they were happy to make a reservation for me. It's about a 15 min walk on slightly rolling (up and down) streets to the center of the old town. Book direct and get free wifi that also works in the town center at locations where they have the same provider as the hotel. Minor issue- The aircon unit was shutoff and you couldn't even run the fan for circulation. It was cold outside but the room was fairly warm all the time. Opening the windows flooded the room with cool air, so it wasn't really an issue for me. Yes, I'd book again!

Room Tip: My room had a mini fridge which was great to keep a few drinks and snacks! There are a few pizza pl...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Skysurfr

Dear Skysurfr,
WOW!!!!!!!!!! What a review!!!
Useful, clear, amazing…what else? Thanks for staying with us and please come back soon!!! So nice having guests like you :-).
I’m sorry about the aircond…the problem is that this year we are having a very unusual hot weather artenatively to some very cold days and we are in a spot don’t know how to manage the plant… really sorry about that.
Sincere regards from me and all the Staff,

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I only spent one night at Hotel Italia but if I come back to Siena, I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. I originally booked an Executive class room but upon check-in discovered it only had a shower, but the front desk staff had no problems exchanging my room to one of my liking. And even though I had a guaranteed reservation, she quickly down-graded me and charged less for a room much more to my liking. I love a deep soaking bathtub and that's what the lower category had. I did see the Executive room and it did not look like one in the photos. It was exactly the same size as my double-room. I am not complaining,I just don't understand what the great benefit to Executive rooms is. My new room had large French Windows that were easy to open as again all air conditioning was shut off for the season and the Tuscany area has been having unseasonably warm temps right now. I enjoyed every aspect of this hotel and would again rebook if I am in the Siena area. One word of caution, although the hotel looks to be within the walls of Siena, it is not. I did not realize this before booking and probably would not have chosen this hotel but still it was very easy to get into the walled area by taxi. That was my fault and not the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ARubins
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear ARubins,
Many many thanks for your kind review! It’s very nice reading you stay went that good.
Let me point out the difference between superior and executive room: it’s not the size…this is a historic building and you can find bigger or smaller size in every category…the Executive are new rooms, superior are just renovated. The style of the Executive is completely different, more modern, they have bigger TV and are provided also with I/Phone docking station, free coffee/tea facilities, free mini bar. But I’m happy you liked the superior ones…I also think they are very very nice!
What luck you didn’t relize we are just outside the old town…now you know us and you write you’ll choose us again. You can get into town walking (5 minutes to the walls, 1300 mt to Piazza del Campo), by taxi or by bus (bus stop 20 mt).
Let’s come back soon and visit us again!
Sincere regards from me and the Staff,

Reviewed 31 October 2013

This is a very nice hotel in Siena. The staff is friendly and helpful and appear to want their guests to have a good experience in Siena. Getting there is a little tricky - the many escalators from the train station etc but the directions given were good and it was a relief to arrive. Though not exactly in the old city it is within walking distance. The hotel provides a nice breakfast with many options for the hungry traveler. I found the bed to be rather hard but this appears to be true in all the places I stayed in Italy. I would certainly stay here again and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank thelonliestmonk

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for posting your comment.
I’m happy you enjoyed staying with us. About our location, we’re just outside the old walls of the city…fortunately…because it’s possible to get here also by car and it’s very very comfortable. The beds have top quality mattresses, but I understand it’s very subjective, I’m sorry you didn’t appreciate them.
I would also like to thank you for recommending us to your friends…it’s really very nice.
Looking forward to welcoming you soon again, I remain with my kindest regards.