“Lovely hotel!”
Review of Hotel Italia

Hotel Italia
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Siena
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This hotel was so classy, trendy, and chique! It's located in a great spot, only a short cab ride from the city. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They understood English and helped me with any questions I had about the city. Definitely two thumbs up!

• Stayed: June 2014
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Paulinajs,

wow!!! What a great review. Grazie, many many thanks.
Thanks for choosing Hotel Italia during your stay in Siena and for sharing this incredible comment.
Me and the Staff we all are so happy to read you were satisfied and appreciated location and services.
We work with enthusiasm and hearth...it's a nice reward receiving rating like this :-).
Looking forward to have the chance to welcome you again, please accept our warmest regards,

Federica Fiochi and Staff

Write a ReviewReviews (2,195)

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have now visited Hotel Italia for the third time in 2 years. It is still a great hotel with fantastic staff who are eager to please. They were genuinely so pleased to see me back and upgraded me for free, which was a lovely gesture! I appreciated the quiet room (which I had asked for 3 weeks before my arrival) and the little terrace that came with it.

I did have a few issues this time, mainly that there was only hot water for the basin; the shower at best was lukewarm. Although I mentioned this the issue wasn't sorted by the time I left, but they did send someone to check it out. This is the only reason why I've put it as 4/5 instead of 5 as the shower has never been an issue for me at this hotel - I guess it just sometimes happen!

On the 2nd day of my trip I went on a castle and Chianti tour which the staff are very happy to book for you. It was 60 euros for a 5 hour tour - pretty reasonable. Andrea, the tour guide, was very nice and knew a lot about the area, but the "tour" of the castles I felt was limited. The wine tasting was great, with plenty of choice and free flowing wine! The niggle I had with this tour was that I was hoping to see more than 2 castles as it stated we would visit a number of "abbeys and castles". I was also under the impression we would be guided through the castles but we were left to our own devices, which was pretty annoying to be honest. This clearly isn't the fault of the hotel, but it did bug me that I did pay good money and didn't spend much time at the castles; they also didn't tell you that you had to pay extra to go into the walled section to get a view. It was a good tour if you enjoy drinking wine, but I wanted to learn more of the history of Siena and didn't feel that enough time was dedicated to this.

Overall, I do love this hotel. Breakfast is plentiful, great location to the centre, bus stop and train station. It is a 20 minute walk to the main square, but if you value sleep then it is better to be here than in the centre. The staff, including the maids, are all AMAZING!

Hotel Italia is another home for me and I cannot wait to come back, probably not in the next year, but very soon!

Suzanna

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Centi23,

many many thanks for staying with us 3 times during your stay in Siena.
I'm so sorry about the water inconvenient...I'm investigating to understand the reason why we didn't solve the problem immediately...now the room is ok, but I'll find out what happened. Please accept my apologies.
About the tour, that as you mentioned is not a tour made by the Hotel, I have to say that what is included is well specified on the depliant and they always match it. If they didn't you can ask them for a refund.
What you write about my staff is so lovely...they all want to send you a giant GRAZIE hoping you'll trust us for the 4th time...we won't let you down!
Warm and sincere regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We loved Hotel Italia, it was clean, convenient, had a great breakfast each day and the staff were warm and friendly and helpful in every way. You are able to walk to and from the rail station via the escalators which saves a lot of leg work. It is about 15 minutes to the centre and touristy area...we were glad to be away from this as it was peaceful and more local.

Lovely pizzeraria just nearby beside the city arch and easy to find restaurants and supermarkets if needed.

We'd recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and had a nice view. There is not a fitness centre but you can swim at t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Silvascen,

many thanks for rating us on Trip Advisor. Your opinion are really useful to us.
It's a pleasure reading your stay was that satisfiant and you enjoyed breakfast and location... but what I prefer most is the note about the staff... I'm very proud, thanks for writing that.
Looking forward to welcoming you again, we all send you our warmest regards.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon and I'm certainly glad we did.
The hotel is steps from the city walls and the escalator from the train station.
When I booked there was not a standard double room available, but the prices were so reasonable I opted for the Executive Double. This room is a steal! When we checked in, the reception was warm and friendly. They were excited to tell us about our room, the most recently renovated.
They weren't kidding... The room is beautiful. White walls and white bedding, tasteful decor consisting of vintage advertisements, framed in twos for a sleek, modern look.
The bathroom is all marble and extremely clean. Love that the floors of the room are hardwood. While it makes it possible to hear heavy-footed guests in the the room above, you can see the care they put into cleaning this room. No dust or dirt here and no carpets or rugs to hide it if there were.
Drinks in the mini bar are complementary... Just a bonus.
The bed is newer, comfortable and firm (to my liking though my wife prefers a little softer). The huge windows open to beautiful sounds and views of Siena.
The duomo and Piazza del Campo are just a short 10 minute walk through the vibrant walls of the old city.
Included breakfast is great and the options are numerous.
Having arrived from a 4-star hotel in the historic center of Florence which we loved, we both agreed that Hotel Italia topped it. We just wish we could spend a few more days here.
Will be back to the Hotel Italia.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PNP5
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

WOW!!! Thanks, thanks, really thanks.
I'm touched...your review is so nice.
It's a real pleasure reading about your satisfaction.
Me and all the Staff really appreciate all your amazing words and we are really happy your enjoyed staying with us.
There are so many hidden corners to visit here and then the country side...incredible...you must come back...so...we hope we'll deserve your choice again.
Warmest regards from Siena,

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Everything here was very nice. The room was large and comfortable and it was a very short walk from the giant escalator that climbs the steep hill from the train station. The location is a little far from the center of the old town, but is a beautiful walk to get back and forth

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

many thanks for sharing your kind opinion.
I'm glad your stay was satisfiant and you appreciated location and services.
It's very important to us knowing your opinion, many thanks.
Looking forward to welcoming you again, please accept our kindest regards.

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Larger hotel and my first stay. Our group was easily accommodated. Rooms were spacious by European standards. Extremely clean and cheerful. Comfortable beds. And quiet. The best nights of sleep I had the entire trip. Breakfast was wonderful and kept stocked. The walk into the main part of Sienna was easy to do. And finding this hotel from the train station was so simple. Just up the escalators and take a right. Very convenient laundry right across the street. I would not hesitate to stay here again!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jwillstp

Wow! Many thanks, what a great review!
So good reading everything was nice...we will always do our best to give a warm and welcoming accommodation.
Looking forward to your next visit please accept our warmest regards and a CIAO from Siena.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed one night here recently and really loved this place...just a quick walk down the street from the train station, and very convenient to walk into the main sights of the town. I was an older woman traveling alone and felt very safe here. The lobby and waiting/bar area is decorated with black and white movie stills from American and Italian movies of the 1950's-1960's - very fun! Super nice and friendly staff who gave excellent directions and prompt replys to all my pre-trip emails. My room was large and beautifully decorated, a pristine bath with new fixtures, lots of hot water and giant fluffy towels. Delicious breakfast with the usual Italian cold meats & cheeses, pastries, yogurts, cereals, fruit, etc. I only wished I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Marty what a gorgeous review! GRAZIEEEE
It's a real pleasure reading your words. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us so much.
This is a very safe area, Siena is a quite and nice city where a woman travelling alone can feel safe, it's a very good sensation...
We all hope you'll come and visit us again soon.
Warmest regards,