All reviewsshared bathroombottle of winethe busbreakfast terracerick stevesprivate bathother guestsceiling fanchurch bellswonderful viewsan domenicomedieval citysmall hotelold townwonderful staypiazza del camposink
Reviewed 15 September 2004

Small, family atmosphere, wonderful people; loved Chico the gatto; good showers/toilets nearby down the hall; nice size rooms, comfortable but plain. Good location, watched what seemed like the whole town going by waving banners and singing when the Siena pro basketball team won the (national) title (if I understood correctly). Just enough English. Good breakfasts on an upper patio with great views. Was there in June 2004. Would stay there again, gladly.

• Stayed: June 2004
2  Thank Rick1303
Reviewed 23 July 2004

I just returned from a 2 week trip in Italy, with 2 nights in Siena at Albergo Bernini. I absolutely fell in love with everything about this centrally located hotel. I had a charming and comfortable single room with a bathroom and an unbelievable view of the Duomo. Alessandro (the son) was so friendly and helpful, and made me feel right at home. As a single female traveling alone, I immediately felt comfortable, welcomed, and safe. A delicious breakfast (eggs, bacon, toast, muffin, cappucino, juice) is served on the balcony with the most amazing view of Siena. I even had a scrumptious dinner one evening on the balcony. I was actually sad to leave the folks at Albergo Bernini, and I can't wait to go back to Siena to visit.

5  Thank Rabouhana
Reviewed 28 June 2004

We stayed at the Albergo Bernini in June 2004 and really liked it. The location is really good - near to San Domenico and St. Catherine's house. Every day we would hear the bells from both of these places - it was awesome! Our two rooms both had incredible views!! There was no TV or phone in our room but there was a payphone in the hall. The family cat, Chico, frequented our room and entertained us most nights. The room size was average, nothing extraordinary and the baths were small but good. Their terrace is really nice, unless your window faces it and you can hear everything that goes on up there - we liked hanging out up there though. We would defintely stay here again - it was a good deal with some of the best views of the city and the Tuscan countryside.

2  Thank Inspiration29966
Reviewed 8 June 2004

My husband and I stayed at the Bernini for 3 nights. Siena is a wonderful place to visit and this hotel was centrally located, a good value and a true Italian experience. As others have mentioned, the family of owners are warm and welcoming. The rooms are clean and simple. Unfortunately, our room looked out onto the street, and was noisy at night. When we told the owner, he immediately moved us to another room and promised us a "very special" view (from the bathroom!). The family has a mynah bird who says "ciao" when you walk by. Who can resist that?

1  Thank sandiamo
Reviewed 26 January 2004

A great family-owned hotel. The owner showed us a room he described as a "little room with a great big view" and he wasn't kidding. From the bedroom one could gaze upon one cathedral (the on with St. Catherine's head in it), but from the bathroom one could look right at Sienna's main cathedral. I look forward to returning.

2  Thank cshiver2017