All reviews shared bathroom bottle of wine the bus rick steves breakfast terrace private bath other guests ceiling fan church bells wonderful view san domenico medieval city small hotel old town wonderful stay piazza del campo sink
Reviewed 17 October 2004

We must have been here on an off week compared to other reviews. The price was excellent compared to other Siena hotels. The rooms were generally clean and the location and view from this hotel are hard to beat but we didn't find the folks running the place particularly helpful or friendly though. The shared bathrooms were dirty and smelled poorly. Probably a good bet if you get a room with a private bathroom.

1  Thank Daydream15620
Reviewed 15 September 2004

Small, family atmosphere, wonderful people; loved Chico the gatto; good showers/toilets nearby down the hall; nice size rooms, comfortable but plain. Good location, watched what seemed like the whole town going by waving banners and singing when the Siena pro basketball team won the (national) title (if I understood correctly). Just enough English. Good breakfasts on an upper patio with great views. Was there in June 2004. Would stay there again, gladly.

• Stayed: June 2004
2  Thank Rick1303
Reviewed 23 July 2004

I just returned from a 2 week trip in Italy, with 2 nights in Siena at Albergo Bernini. I absolutely fell in love with everything about this centrally located hotel. I had a charming and comfortable single room with a bathroom and an unbelievable view of the Duomo. Alessandro (the son) was so friendly and helpful, and made me feel right at home. As a single female traveling alone, I immediately felt comfortable, welcomed, and safe. A delicious breakfast (eggs, bacon, toast, muffin, cappucino, juice) is served on the balcony with the most amazing view of Siena. I even had a scrumptious dinner one evening on the balcony. I was actually sad to leave the folks at Albergo Bernini, and I can't wait to go back to Siena to visit.

5  Thank Rabouhana
Reviewed 28 June 2004

We stayed at the Albergo Bernini in June 2004 and really liked it. The location is really good - near to San Domenico and St. Catherine's house. Every day we would hear the bells from both of these places - it was awesome! Our two rooms both had incredible views!! There was no TV or phone in our room but there was a payphone in the hall. The family cat, Chico, frequented our room and entertained us most nights. The room size was average, nothing extraordinary and the baths were small but good. Their terrace is really nice, unless your window faces it and you can hear everything that goes on up there - we liked hanging out up there though. We would defintely stay here again - it was a good deal with some of the best views of the city and the Tuscan countryside.

2  Thank Inspiration29966
Reviewed 8 June 2004

My husband and I stayed at the Bernini for 3 nights. Siena is a wonderful place to visit and this hotel was centrally located, a good value and a true Italian experience. As others have mentioned, the family of owners are warm and welcoming. The rooms are clean and simple. Unfortunately, our room looked out onto the street, and was noisy at night. When we told the owner, he immediately moved us to another room and promised us a "very special" view (from the bathroom!). The family has a mynah bird who says "ciao" when you walk by. Who can resist that?

1  Thank sandiamo