Villa Scacciapensieri
Palazzo di Valli(Siena)(Great Value!)
US$203
NH Siena(Siena)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$107
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Colonna(Siena)(Great Value!)
US$557
Hotels.com
Hotel Executive(Siena)(Great Value!)
US$106
  • Breakfast included
Hotel San Marco(Siena)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$99
Travelocity
All reviewshead waiterthe buspool and tennis courtadjacent buildingold world charmlounge arealocal busesfood and winetuscan countrysidegreat poolhill overlookinga lovely place to staysitting roomspectacular viewssmall balconyminute driveglass of wine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The staff here is so caring and helpful! They really know their stuff! It's a little ways out of town but you get gorgeous views and the downtown is just a short bus/cab/car ride away (5-10mins). The grounds are very beautiful and so well kept. We were really happy with this choice

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed at Villa Scacciapensieri with a friend. We had a room in the annex. The rooms are divided into two floors. Downstairs a small couch and writing area and the bathroom. Don't expect a lot of room. If you like spending a lot of time in the room it's probably too small, but if like me you want a room to sleep in, with some space to sit and write, than it's perfect. Upstairs is the bedroom. We had one with two separate beds and the beds were very comfortable. The room was clean and the view into the garden spectacular.
The breakfast in the morning was nice. Indeed as other comments say there is no fresh orange juice, but you do get regular juice. The coffee is as good Italian coffee should be and my friend who likes tea got teapot with hot water on the side in case the tea was too dark! We really enjoyed the breakfast.
The garden is very nice. The swimming pool small and mainly in the shade, so if you're looking for time at the pool to work on your tan, this isn't the right place for it.
The Villa itself isn't located in the centre of Sienna, so getting there requires some mode of transport. Bus is an option (we didn't try it, so I'm not sure how reliable it is) or the car. Parking near the centre is possible without having to pay for parking. Although the hotel isn't in the centre, don't expect Villa Scacciapensieri to be outside Sienna. It's at a more modern part, so there is some traffic from a nearby road. But that can't be heard from the room. We really enjoyed our stay and would book again when going back to Sienna.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michel_Ams70
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This is the second summer in a row we have stayed at Villa Scacciapensieri and we still love it. There are some minor drawbacks as mentioned by other reviews, the service can be a little gruff and it is located on the edge of a busy road which spoils the tranquility slightly. However, the positives far, far outweigh these minor drawbacks. This hotel is ideally positioned to enjoy a villa setting but be close enough to drive in or get the public bus in to Siena as well as making a great base for day trips around Tuscany. Free parking, tennis courts, relaxing swimming pool, lovely gardens and plenty of places to sit and relax are the hallmarks of this great hotel. We were pleased to be upgraded to room 54 which was exceptional. A large suite with a whirlpool and a balcony made our stay even more special. In particular, the setting for breakfast which is also used for dinner is wonderful. Dining on a stunning terrace with linen tablecloths and table service. Who could want for anything more?

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We spent 5 nights here and found the hotel to be well-located for our day trips around Tuscany. However, I have to say that the hotel doesn't live up to its old reputation anymore. While the restaurant staff were gracious and nice, the front office staff seemed largely indifferent and clueless when asked any questions about places to visit, etc. Maybe, I feel this way because you can easily find way better places in Tuscany for the prices you will pay here. While the restaurant was decent, the prices were comparable with some of the most highly rated restaurants you will find in Tusany. What I found annoying here was the nickel and diming attitude of the management. They charged my wife EUR 4 for a glass of water she requested in the lobby! Then they charged me EUR 100 for a pot that I knocked over accidentally. The saving grace was one of the waiters (Andrea) who was charming and attentive at all times.

In summary, I would not return to this hotel. There are many other charming options in Tuscany that offer nicer service and better food.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NYCVik
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I was traveling around Italy with my mom and stayed at the Villa a couple of nights. It has a great location to visit different vineyards, the food is fantastic and the staff is exceptional. Will definitely come back in my next trip to Tuscany!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family