“Great location and staff”
Review of Hotel Athena

Hotel Athena
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Siena
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Great location, just inside the wall but away from the crowds. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast vast and yummy. We took a room over looking the hills and liked the views and quietness. Our room was a bit small but functional. We loved the terrace for evening drinks. We used the Carpark and found it easy to access.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelAthenaSiena, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Athena, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear AmandaGar,

Thank you so much for your review. Your comment and your feedback about our services is very important to us. A special thank you is sent by the staff that it is feeling so proud to have been described as friendly.

We are also happy that you have appreciate the hotel at 360°.
For your next stay do not hesitate to contact us or visit our website to do not miss the special offers for your next stay with us.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I'm a budget traveller who treat myself nice occasionally. I want to have a classic experience in Siena. I'm so surprised and happy that Hotel Athena flooded my expectations with stars. I thank the hotel for its secure parking service. I thank Tomasso for his professional hospitality. I thank the hotel for having our room ready and cool before our arrival. I thank housekeeping for making the room exceptionally clean and tidy. I thank the boss or management to insist on using environmental friendly materials. I sincerely recommend Hotel Athena for travellers who are not too tight in budget.

Room Tip: do an upgrade to stay in top floor. request for a tuscan view. you won't regret it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear AngusLove,

WE THANK YOU one, two and three times!
We really did enjoyed your company here in Siena, you had been so sweeeet!

From Tommaso and all of us we hope you had a great way back to Toronto and we hope you shall have a great return to Siena but I think if you'll choose us you'll have it for sure!

See you soon

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We were traveling with another couple from our college days (20+ years ago), and thoroughly enjoyed this hotel. While it is not in the center of the old city, the location is actually quite convenient since the city bus stops right at the door step and allowed us to avoid the steep hills at the end of the day when we were tired. The room was spacious, and the bathroom included a tub which ensured enough room to shower comfortably (not always true in European hotels). The terrace bar offered a lovely view and the restaurant offered the best steak we have had during my six weeks in Italy. The front desk was somewhat hectic and therefore a bit slow but the people were always pleasant to deal with. We would happily return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tscollett

Dear collett,

let me say thanks for your comments.

It is very important to us that you appreciated our clean rooms with all the comforts and one of the best view in Siena from our San Marco Terrace. Our central position helps because in within 10 minutes walking you can reach all the main attraction, but as you pointed out, we have a city bus stop next door.

All my colleagues and me too are so glad to read your nice words.

I like to invite you to visit our website, so next time you come to Siena you’ve got a place to stay.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

These last 5 nights of our amazing trip to Italy were spectacular ! Thank you Hotel Athena for a great finish to our trip . The staff was so friendly and helpful ! The room was so clean and comfortable . When we arrived to our room we were greeted by a bottle of very good Wine and chocolate yum.The hotel is situated in a perfect location for exploring Siena ! We will definitely return !! Oh how could i forget the superb breakfast spread so many wonderful choices Love Love Loved this place!!!

Room Tip: first floor balcony room over looking vineyards!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Patricia,

Thank you so much for the time spent writing about your experience with us, you maked us so happy!

All the effort done is always finalized to get a feedback like your and we’re so proud for the job done. We’re so happy to see that you enjoyed all our service, what we do every day is to help our guest to have the best holiday ever! By the way we liked so much the photos and your "selfie"....so cute!!

All our staff is waiting to host you soon again in Siena. Don’t forget to visit our website where you can find the best rate ever and always breakfast included!

Kindest regards

Reviewed 26 July 2014

The rooms themselves are fine for a hotel room. Comfortable bed, decent bath. The hotel staff is very helpful: I would say they are the best part of the hotel. All spoke excellent English for those who don't speak italian.

I would avoid breakfast, as it was crowded and not great. You can get a much better experience at any local bar for only a few euros.

Th outdoor patio on the 7th floor offers a good after dinner drink experience with a view.

The underground parking helps me feel the car will avoid theft and break in, which does happen in this part of the world. Sienna is a small walking city, so it was conveni r not location. Also, very easy to take the train up to Florence for a day trip.

I like Siena as a central local in Tuscany, but I think my preference is to stay outside the city.

For those who want to be centralized in the ciyt, this is not a bad choice.

Room Tip: Do not get a balcony room. There is a daycare across the street and is noisy from 7:30 until 6.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Andrew,

Such a pleasure to read your words! We'd prefer a top rakin' review, but...that's life.

In fact many guests choose us first for our strategic position then, they can appreciate all our services from our lengthy and delightful breakfast to the gorgeous view from the roof terrace. By the way, the local bars are beautiful but I doubt they can serve hot and cold breakfast as we do.

All our staff wants to thank again and waits for your return to Siena, perhaps, why not, throughout this year, Siena deserves more time to be appreciated at 360°. About that, please do not hesitate to contact us, we'll be honored to arrange you the best treatment.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Our family (2 adults and 2 teenagers) stayed ad Hotel Athena in June. It was quite easy to reach the the hotel by car. The staff at reception was helpful and I heard them speak Italian, German, French and English (fluently). The room was ok and the breakfast was great. It took only a few minutes to walk to Il Campo, very nice! I think we choose the same hotel next time we visit Siena.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 1Peter45
HotelAthenaSiena, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Athena, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Peter,

thank you one, two and three times!
We really did enjoyed your company here in Siena, you had been so sweeeet!

From all of us we hope you had a great way back to Finland and we hope you shall have a great return to Siena but I think if you'll choose us you'll have it for sure! Just follow us on twitter #AthenaSiena

See you soon

Reviewed 25 July 2014

From the moment we arrived and were greeted by the friendly and efficient reception staff it was apparent this hotel was managed and run to the highest standards. The standards and cleanliness of the public areas and bedrooms were exemplary and our room on the 8th floor was both large and comfortable.
The hotel is well situated on the verge of the city just 10 minutes walk from the main square.but for older retired folks like us it should be noted there is a little hill climbing to do which is if course one of the features of Siena. I had previously researched restaurants in the town for dinner but not wishing to retrace our steps in the evening booked the hotel restaurant. I was not to be disappointed as the outdoor terrace restaurant overlooking the countryside provided an excellent meal with a good menu and wine choice at a totally reasonable prices for the standard of hotel and location. The ambiance was perfect, the staff friendly and efficient and as such I had no hesitation booking it for a second night and binning my prior researched local restaurants.
Should I be in the Siena area again I would certainly stay at this hotel again, highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear melville,

All the comments and review are really important for us but one coming from a guest who stayed with us so many nights is important twice because you had the time to know us deeply and to try all our services.

Thank you very much for your great review and we hope you shall return to us as soon as possible. If you need some help planning your next trip to Siena check our website where you can find many special events of Siena and surroundings in which dates you can plan your holiday.

Thank you very much once again from all of us and don’t hesitate to contact us for every kind of question.

Warmest Regards