“A lovely place”

Ristorante San Domenico
Ranked #27 of 544 Restaurants in Siena
Price range: US$19 - US$37
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2012

A number of people recommended San Domenico to us, and we were not disappointed. Every dish was deftly done. An excellent meal and gracious service. (It should be noted that even foreigners may have taste and taste-buds.) It was good to have the food live up to the unparalleled view.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

I stayed in Siena for 3 days and its a lovely city.We found this restaurant on our second day and we liked it a lot.They have a variety of things on the menu.First night we took an antipasto and then pasta and everything was really good.On the second day we choose pizza and let me say it was awesome,very well made,soft and tasty.The service was good too.And this place deserves more points because of the view,you can see the all of siena from there.A must go place

Reviewed 3 August 2012

We came upon this inexpensive, pretty restaurant with its lovely view by chance, as we were looking for Il Pomodorino, highly cited in Trip Advisor, but it was closed for lunch on that day -- Camporegio Pizzeria is right next door to Il Pomodorino. The service was very friendly and fast, the pizza was excellent, the mixed salade was okay. It was a very hot day, but we sat on the shaded terrace where a fine mist was sprayed above us to keep us cool. The restaurant is especially nice because of the location, close to our hotel (Chiuraselli) and the view overlooking the town of Siena. If you want an inexpensive but tasty meal in a wonderful location, try this!

Reviewed 24 June 2012

This was my second trip to Siena. On my first visit in 2010 I was introduced to the wonderful Tuscan soup Ribollita here. I found the restaurant by chance at it was convenient to our hotel. But we eat there every night for dinner and found the staff friendly and the service excellent. My next trip in 2011 I made it a point to return to this wonderful restaurant. When the sun sets in Siena it something you want to remember for the rest of your life. From San Domenico the colors at sunset and the view of the doumo are spectacular. You want to get away from the noise of the Campo and be able to relax. I can't think of any other place in Italy that was so romantic and peaceful as dinner here. Food is good, prices reasonable, but the view is worth coming back for again and again. See you next year San Domenico - don't change a thing.

Reviewed 24 June 2011

My partner and I ate here on June 23rd having read the reviews.
The view of the Duomo is fantastic, but that does in no way make up for an exceptionally bad meal. The outside terrace had just one table occupied when we arrived at 8pm, and we patiently waited for the female maitre de to seat us...this took a while while she chatted to her friend. Once seated, we did have a lovely waitress who served us some salami and mozerella(which were to be the best bit of the meal!). I opted for stuffed courgette flowers, followed by lasagna, and my partner ordered vegetables with ewe's milk and truffle followed by ravioli with unspecified meat!!! There was no lasagna left, so I then opted for tortellini as a main.
The starters were bland but ok. The pasta dishes were awful.....the ravioli in particular was slopped onto the plate and was possibly the foulest thing either of us has ever eaten. The tortellini was salty such an extent that it was inedible. Both of us left more than 3/4 of our meal yet noone really asked if it was ok.
We shared a dessert as we were both still starving!!! That was reasonable but could not have made up for the main.
2 courses each plus one dessert and a bottle of wine amounted to 90Euros.....we have been eating in some amazing Italian restaurants for half that price.

2  Thank Slesl